Offer sheet Draisaitl 7 years $8M per

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offer sheet Draisaitl 7 years $8M per

Why not? With mcdavid coming up on rfa next summer the oil would have to think long and hard about whether or not to match at that number. From what I have read and heard, they are looking to lock him in a $6-$6.5. That's going to be bargain... I don't see how anyone is going to be able to compete with Edmonton over the next 10-12 years with those 2 locked in at affordable numbers. They only way is to make sure they are paying them significantly so that they have difficulty filling in the roster around them.

and if they don't match... we have a superstar centre of our own.

Good idea IF he produces at 8 million NHL player pace
    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

He hasn't done near enough to merit that kind of money.

Comment

I wouldn't

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post
          He hasn't done near enough to merit that kind of money.
          He had almost 80 points this year. Ideally you'd want to see him do it a couple times but then it would be too late.

Comment

Originally posted by jec6 View Post
            I wouldn't
            Which stats are with and which are without? They both say withou.

Comment

Originally posted by salzy View Post

He had almost 80 points this year. Ideally you'd want to see him do it a couple times but then it would be too late.
              That would be my standard Salzy. I wouldn't gamble that kind of salary without a couple of years of that kind of performance. He's talented, I just don't see him as 8 mil a year talent, right now. And.... as pointed out, there is the McDavid factor.
              Last edited by alxhj; 05-12-2017, 03:52 PM.

Comment

He is only 21 and averaged almost a point a game this season and over a point a game in 13 playoff games. He has been phenomenal to date.

This guy has progressed well over 2.5 years in the NHL. I would take him in a heartbeat. Again, this kid has proven he can do it, but for four years we keep hearing about the next coming of Pronger. Maybe he'll be that good but I will take kid who I know can play at the NHL level. (just a general statement, not trying to compare a forward to a defencemen).

Comment

The Flyers luck he would become the next Chris Gratton. I'd pass based on money alone.
                  Formerly VaFlyer

Comment

I advocated trading for him when they sent him back to juniors a few years ago. That ship has sailed now. They aren't letting him go and if you sheet him they will just match it.

Comment

Working...
                    X