No announcement yet.

Offer sheet Draisaitl 7 years $8M per

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we give him an offer of some $$ that we can afford that's higher than Edm would ideally like. If they match then they've handcuffed themselves. If they don't we get a player we like at a number that's comfortable
    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

can't do it frankly..while he would be good to have..at that number it would hinder us without dropping one of if not both G and Jake

Comment

No way they make that kind of move, it is the old culture. As m13 says, it does not work to the future cap.

Comment

Dri is playing with a generational player. And when not in a line with said generational player benefitting from 2nd line checking. No. He is good but not certain 56m good.

Comment

I see both sides of the argument and it clearly risky... but I would like to point out his success in the playoffs came mostly playing separate from mcdavid.

Comment

Salzy, I suspect a majority of people in the Eastern Time Zone missed the games and simply have seen stats or highlights (if even that).

Comment

Or they're allowing for the trickle down that occurs when a franchise has a generational talent.

Weird how Mark Recchi was never quite as good as he was in Lindros' Philly or Mario's Pittsburgh.

A terrific player but a noticeable difference away from the generational talent.

Comment

interesting idea... but teams never give up young talent like that? the state of edmonton's roster salary isnt important to the flyers.

and I'd like to see some more advanced stats taking into account strength of opposing players while he was on the ice, before sheeting him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
                    Or they're allowing for the trickle down that occurs when a franchise has a generational talent.

Weird how Mark Recchi was never quite as good as he was in Lindros' Philly or Mario's Pittsburgh.

A terrific player but a noticeable difference away from the generational talent.
                    Lemieux only played 26 games in recchi's 2nd best season(113 pts). His 6th and 7th best (80 and 78) were with Montreal.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post

Lemieux only played 26 games in recchi's 2nd best season(113 pts). His 6th and 7th best (80 and 78) were with Montreal.
                      Recchi in PGH and PHI (first go around)

One season under 30 goals. His first, he played 15 games.
                      Four seasons of 40+ goals. He played 6 seasons with PHI and PGH to start his career.

Two seasons under 70 points. His first and second.
                      Four seasons over 95 points.

The remainder of his lengthy career? 2 seasons above 28 goals.
                      The remainder of his lengthy career? 2 seasons of 80 points or better.
                      .................................................. ..........5 seasons of 70 or better.

Make no mistake, Mark Recchi outside of his first half dozen years in the league is a great player..
                      ...BUT...the image painted in those first half dozen years playing on the 90s cup era penguins and with Lindros...simply doesn't hold up

...and that has to be the worry looking at a player like Draisaitl

Last edited by Rev_Bully; 05-15-2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X