No announcement yet.

Offer sheet Draisaitl 7 years $8M per

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in the end..it comes down to having 3 8 million guys on the team would be cap hell in the near future...you would be kissing goodbye to Simmonds..you may have Ghost re-signed but you would have Provy to worry about in a couple years..and TK..etc etc

Comment

Rev, saying he was great his years 3 through 6 is not the same as saying he was great because he played alongside generational stars, because he still only had Lemieux for a portion of one of those best years.

i.get the point about Drasaiti, and agree on that, but disagree with statements based on the numbers on Recchi.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
        Rev, saying he was great his years 3 through 6 is not the same as saying he was great because he played alongside generational stars, because he still only had Lemieux for a portion of one of those best years.

i.get the point about Drasaiti, and agree on that, but disagree with statements based on the numbers on Recchi.
        It's not just Lemiux tho...it's Jagr, Stevens and a ton of others on that team and then it's Lindros and then there's a noticeable what...30% drop in point production once that changes..

​​​Recchi was a terrific player. He was noticeably better playing with the early 90s Pens and Lindros than he was at any other time. He was also a piece Pittsburgh and Philly were willing to move to improve...
        ​​

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
          in the end..it comes down to having 3 8 million guys on the team would be cap hell in the near future...you would be kissing goodbye to Simmonds..you may have Ghost re-signed but you would have Provy to worry about in a couple years..and TK..etc etc
          100% this and coupled with the gigantic risk of Draisatl not repeating the kind of performance... just no way would I be happy with this move.

Two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd doesn't bother me as much as how badly that could handcuff us and make us give up a lot more talent along the way.

The idea is based off of trying to handcuff Edmonton, but in reality, it handcuffs the crap out of us for a player who has absolutely no guarantee to replicate the season he had.

Let alone the whole "offer sheet" thing is so frowned upon that Holmgren even says that he felt it hindered his ability to make trades after offer-sheeting Weber.

No way.

Comment

Originally posted by dsl135 View Post

100% this and coupled with the gigantic risk of Draisatl not repeating the kind of performance... just no way would I be happy with this move.
            How are you evaluating the risk of not repeating to determine it's "gigantic"? I personally consider that risk to be closer to "minimal" but admittedly that is simply based on watching him play over the past few seasons and the trajectory of improvement.

Comment

Is Tarasenko a comparable? I believe so

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
                Is Tarasenko a comparable? I believe so
                How so? Tarasenko does it without the stacked club and is the main focus..

Comment

Why would Draisaitl want to even sign here? Also, where are you getting the cap money from?

Comment

Oilers would match; and I would wager give the "poison pill" back to the Flyers when Provorov's time comes...

Comment

Originally posted by EDMFLYERSFAN View Post
                      Oilers would match; and I would wager give the "poison pill" back to the Flyers when Provorov's time comes...
                      I'm sure Provorov will be signed before his entry-level deal is up.

Comment

Working...
                      X