Bishop sign for under $5 mil over 6 years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bishop sign for under $5 mil over 6 years

Dallas now have 3 goalies signed for next year. Do they buy out one of Lehtonen or Niemi (both with only one year left on their contracts)...or see if another team might have interest in trading for one of them?

From the Flyers perspective, I'd stay from both of these guys. Completely overrated...and at the price Bishop signed for, if we really need a goalie, Mason should not get more than $3.75/year.

price is ok..too many years though

Comment

There's some talk that Calgary might be interested in Mason now that they lost out yet again on Bishop. It makes sense if you think about it. Miller is getting old; Budaj happened to have a flash-in-the-pan season. Every other UFA is either damaged goods or completely unproven.

If I were Hexy I'd be seeing if we could get a late round draft pick to trade them Mase's rights
      "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Maybe Las Vegas takes one in the expansion draft? I wish the Flyers traded for Bishop in 2012, only cost a 2nd rounder to Sens

Comment

so like.... i'm pretty afraid we're going to go to training camp just with neuvy and stolarz. that would be a disaster imo.

Comment

Going in with Neuvirth and another goalie who we know is not possible of carrying a #1 workload would be a disaster IMO. But Stolarz is a unknown...and he might be able to show us that he's the MAN. We would only find out if we allow him a chance. I am hopeful that he becomes the clear #1 next season (to be honest, i don't have any real reason to be hopeful...just trying to stay positive).

IF Neuvirth ends up not being with us (due to trade or expansion draft), i'd be very interested in seeing what the other options would be.

Comment

Not sure how much more or less a disaster it is going into another camp with Neuvirth and potential youngster...

Or with Neuvirth and other middling #1B type (read Mason and pretty much every other available tender)

Seriously...how good have the last few years been...because I must have missed the good times

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
                Dallas now have 3 goalies signed for next year. Do they buy out one of Lehtonen or Niemi (both with only one year left on their contracts)...or see if another team might have interest in trading for one of them?

From the Flyers perspective, I'd stay from both of these guys. Completely overrated...and at the price Bishop signed for, if we really need a goalie, Mason should not get more than $3.75/year.
                Bishop is 2 years older than Mason and gave up $ to get term. Mason would maybe get that kind of $3.75m if it was a 6 year deal, but don't expect him to get much less than Bishop just because he's not as good. There's more factors at play here than just talent.

That said, I think this was a smart move for Dallas.

Comment

certainly clouds OUR goalie situation...many many 'sources' had us going after Bishop in FA...now it looks like Neuvirth is our guy (?)...and as of yet there is no one behind him....

Comment

This topic made me wonder: if there has been any update on Stolarz post-surgery? It was a pretty serious injury wasn't it(?); I thought I remembered reading that at the time, but that it was also one with I high probability of full recovery from(?). I'm especially curious of the timeframe -- e.g. is he even expected to be ready by training camp?

Comment

Working...
                    X