No announcement yet.

Bishop sign for under $5 mil over 6 years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen any updates, but I believe the surgery was successful. The biggest thing is the really long rehab he's going to have. They did say if everything goes as scheduled; read, no setbacks; he would be ready by the time camp opens
    "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Originally posted by flyerdog View Post
      certainly clouds OUR goalie situation...many many 'sources' had us going after Bishop in FA...now it looks like Neuvirth is our guy (?)...and as of yet there is no one behind him....
      I dont think there was anything real behind the Bishop talk...he certainly didn;t fit the type of player Hextall said he was looking for...

and not to open the can of worms that this is...but seriously...Neuvirth and Mason aren't very far apart on the goaltender spectrum, if anything injury has been Neuvirth's biggest nemesis..

In a league where 28 year old Scott Darling with 75 games under his belt is a legit option as a starter...ruling out Neuvirth seems premature...
      Name Games GAA SV%
      Darling 75 2.37 .923
      Neuvirth 228 2.68 .911
      Mason 463 2.68 .911
      First person to say "only look at his Philly numbers" get's a shot to the yambag..because that's not how careers work...

I don't dislike Mason, I don't get the fascination with a very average tender...we've had much better talents who got much less respect.

..further Mason; best year in Philly came when he played in his fewest number of games and started his fewest number of games...which undercuts the 'trope as truth' nonsense that follows any discussion of the player around. There's an insistence that Mason plays better when he's given more...but the numbers, the numbers don't support it...

...by the numbers, Mason is a much better tender when playing and starting somewhere around the 50 game mark
      GP GS GAA SV%
      61 60 2.50 .917
      51 48 2.25 .928
      54 53 2.51 .918
      58 54 2.66 .908
      Which for my money makes all the talk of Mason needing more starts and Mason's own bristling about being in a tandem situation...suspect.

Perhaps the old knock on Mason and his ego..is the biggest block to the guy having a strong career

Comment

Originally posted by smkruzik View Post
        I haven't seen any updates, but I believe the surgery was successful. The biggest thing is the really long rehab he's going to have. They did say if everything goes as scheduled; read, no setbacks; he would be ready by the time camp opens
        maybe surgery helped fix his leaky short side? If he doesn't get a handle on that, he will be yet another...'could have been'

Comment

Working...
        X