Congrats Lavy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats Lavy

Impressive accomplishment...4th coach to take 3 different franchises to the Finals.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rev_Bully; 05-23-2017, 01:03 AM.

Bowman was the easy guess for one of the other 2, but I forgot Keenan coached the Bhawks in 92, as well as the 94 Rags and Flyers.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
      Bowman was the easy guess for one of the other 2, but I forgot Keenan coached the Bhawks in 92, as well as the 94 Rags and Flyers.
      Yup on Bowman and Keenan...the other Dick Irvin

Comment

Great accomplishment from an under appreciated coach. Wish he were still coaching the Flyers. Not saying their fate would have changed over the past 5 years but it is hard to take that they have not win a playoff round since his departure

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ
          Great accomplishment from an under appreciated coach. Wish he were still coaching the Flyers. Not saying their fate would have changed over the past 5 years but it is hard to take that they have not win a playoff round since his departure
          Let's not get silly. Lavy isn't under appreciated. He's a coach with a short shelf life and demonstrable diminishing returns.

He's a softer Keenan in a lot of ways. The one difference being Keenan took a lot of the blame that Lavy seems to, at this point, escape when the club falters.

I wouldn't rule out him taking a 4th franchise to the Finals...

Comment

Good on Lavy...I'm happy for him! I believe the Pred's are also the first 16 seed ever to make the Finals. They also did it without their top 2 centers....

Call me old school, but I love the enthusiasm and excitement he shows behind the bench! It's a refreshing change from Stone Cold Robot with the "scary" glares LOL

Hope this GIF works:

https://media.giphy.com/media/VdCjjDR5lIV8s/giphy.gif
            Last edited by Hexy's Axe; 05-23-2017, 12:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Let's not get silly. Lavy isn't under appreciated. He's a coach with a short shelf life and demonstrable diminishing returns.

He's a softer Keenan in a lot of ways. The one difference being Keenan took a lot of the blame that Lavy seems to, at this point, escape when the club falters.

I wouldn't rule out him taking a 4th franchise to the Finals...
              This is spot on. Some coaches just aren't built for the long haul in one place. Lavy did a good job here but when he left, it was the right move (though the timing was questionable...should have been done at the end of the prior season, not a few games in). I like him as a coach and appreciate his accomplishments. I'll certainly be rooting for him and the Preds in the finals -- Nashville is actually a very good hockey city now with great fan support (the country stars have a lot to do with that as they got people on board early on).
              Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Agree with Rev and Mike. I'm not sure Lavi's abrasive style is a good fit for our youngsters either. He seems to do better in the short term with mid range veterans.

Comment

Intersting that we see Keenan and Lavy on the list, with both the MO. Great for a while but burn out on a team. I guess that's what gets them in this club. Bowman is the exception, and the exceptional. He adjusted his style.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
                    Intersting that we see Keenan and Lavy on the list, with both the MO. Great for a while but burn out on a team. I guess that's what gets them in this club. Bowman is the exception, and the exceptional. He adjusted his style.
                    Makes sense though, in order to be good with 3 teams you gotta be fired from at least 2.

Comment

Working...
                    X