No announcement yet.

Who replaces Mullen on Hakstol's staff?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tochett is under consideration for the Sabres head coach job. Yet his current team is in the Stanley Cup Finals.
    Who ran the Sabres PP? They were the #1 ranked PP yet I believe the entire coaching staff was dismissed.

Comment

there is often a misconception that because a guy was an elite player, he will be an elite coach, but it more often than not it seems like the elite players don't make the best coaches...coaching and playing are two completely different dynamics.

Comment

in all honesty, if you're looking to pluck a guy from another team without pissing them off or having to jump through any hoops; just go to the top teams in the AHL. Those guys can be had much easier and are definitely eager to "prove", they're NHL calibar (except for those that in the AHL because they were in the NHL and showed they just kind of sucked). Who were the top PP teams on the farm? I don't follow the minors enough to really know, but I'm sure the front office has guys looking.
        "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

would have loved to have Tocc on this staff..would hate to see him go to the Sabres..but he does deserve another shot at the top gig on a team..course i might be biased cause he is in like my top 3 fave Flyers ever..if not #1 lol

Comment

Originally posted by smkruzik View Post
            in all honesty, if you're looking to pluck a guy from another team without pissing them off or having to jump through any hoops; just go to the top teams in the AHL. Those guys can be had much easier and are definitely eager to "prove", they're NHL calibar (except for those that in the AHL because they were in the NHL and showed they just kind of sucked). Who were the top PP teams on the farm? I don't follow the minors enough to really know, but I'm sure the front office has guys looking.
            Interesting point...and a really good one. If you look at some of the real successful coaches in the NHL, pretty much all of them proved things in the AHL first.

The AHL's best PP was with the Grand Rapid Griffins (Redwings). Their coach is Todd Nelson, a 47 year old coach who took over for Dallas Eakins when he got fired by the Oilers in 14-15. He has a ton of successful AHL experience.

Comment

Some buzz that the Flyers are looking to add Kris Knoblauch to their staff. A highly regarded OHL coach with Erie.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...hl-coach-year/

http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/ho...kris-knoblauch

Craig Button, the amateur scouting guru for TSN and former NHL general manager, feels Knoblauch, 38, is an outstanding young coach, ready to move up the ladder. “He’s one of the best coaches out there,” said Button. “Whoever gets him is going to be very lucky.

“Watch how his teams play, his kids play smart, he maximizes their abilities and yet I keep hearing … ‘you know, he might not be the greatest interview (for pro jobs).’ The interview should be how his teams play. Four 50-win seasons in a row and very successful in the Western League before that. He can flat-out coach. He’s adaptable, he knows how to make adjustments as the game’s going on. He’s a great developer and bench coach.”

Last edited by Hexy's Axe; 06-07-2017, 12:28 PM. Reason: Added more info

Comment

Erie PP was 27.2% last year, #2 in OHL. 75 pp goals in 68 games

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
                  Erie PP was 27.2% last year, #2 in OHL. 75 pp goals in 68 games
                  We could also use some help on the PK and even strength! This team was difficult to watch....

Nonetheless, he's officially been hired as per the Flyers.

Here's BSH take on the new addition:

http://www.broadstreethockey.com/201...delphia-flyers

Comment

I like what i have read about Knoblauch. And its nice to see new blood getting a chance in the Flyers coaching staff.

Comment

Interesting and looks like a good hire...

SO....

Do we trade down and pick up Strome?

Comment

Working...
                      X