Giroux for...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giroux for...

Trade Giroux for Ovechkin. 1:1 straight up trade. Would you do it?

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
    probably not...only cause we would still need that #1 C...Jake for Ovi..hell yes

Comment

No, we are not close to being a competitor for the Cup. Getting a guy like AO is for teams who are nearly there and need a push over the top, not for a team deep into a rebuild that will not compete for at least another two years. If anything, Giroux should be offered to Montreal for a guy like Sergachev and take back a reclamation project like Galchenyuk.
      Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Giroux should be traded for the best possible package. Then make Simmonds captain.

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post

probably not...only cause we would still need that #1 C...Jake for Ovi..hell yes
          Agree

Comment

Here we go again....Simmonds for Captain. I love Simmonds, but like everyone else on the team, he had his issues at times this year too. Giroux played most of the year hurt (again). While it is admirable that Giroux wanted to play hurt, he should let himself completely heal for once. I don't think Giroux has a leadership issue at all, and Simmonds does a good job as an Alternate, his time to lead the team will come, but for now this is G's team. This is an example of what I pointed out in another thread. Everyone has been compared to Bob Clarke as a Captain, and it's a bar that's too high except for almost anyone in Philly to reach. God knows if you don't reach that bar, you suck and shouldn't wear the "C".
            Last edited by alxhj; 06-02-2017, 08:24 AM.

Comment

I am very open to the idea of trading Giroux, but it would not be for Ovechkin.

Comment

No Giroux for Ovechkin...not worth it.

G is a top C in the league, and being a top end C is about more than point totals.

His problem is complimentary linemates. In Jake he has a player with the same first thought tendencies, that doesn't work. It's why they need to play separately at ES.

Put Simmonds with Giroux, keep Schenn and Couturier together (how many coaches has this been said too??) and let Jake play with Filp. Fill the 3 remaining spots with guys like Konecny, Weal and Lindblom...take the umteen bottom 6 forwards and pi k the top 4 to round out the roster.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd do it. there's tons of reasons why and why not, so I certainly don't dismiss anyone that says no. At the end of the day though, I feel like sacrificing a little 2-way play for pure offense would be beneficial. It's definitely a decision that's "win and you're the greatest; lose, and you're the worst GM since Mike Milbury", so I don't think a rather reserved Hextall would even entertain it; but I definitely don't think it would hurt the team point wise if we had Ovi instead of G.
                  "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

People on here have no long term plan; Simmonds style of play will have his game deteriorate very quickly in a couple of years and then people will be clamouring to "Trade Him NOW!"...

Comment

Working...
                    X