X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ovechkin to Montreal?

http://www.nhltraderumors.me/2017/06...canadiens.html

"
    The Washington Capitals are considering to trade superstar Alex Ovechkin. Capitals general manager Brian MacLellan is waiting for the right hockey deal.

MacLellan said this on an Ovechkin trade.
    Maybe at some point if there's a legitimate hockey deal that came available, but I don't know if that's where we're at right now.
    Ovechkin's 33 goals were his fewest in a full season since he scored 32 in 2010-11, and his 16 even-strength goals were his fewest in a full season in his NHL career. Maybe it was a down year for Ovechkin because coach Barry Trotz cut his ice time to keep him fresh for the playoffs. A fresh Ovechkin did not save the Capitals from another disappointing early exit from the Stanley Cup playoffs.

The Montreal Canadiens, Dallas Stars and Vegas Golden Knights are in a bidding war for 31-year-old Alex Ovechkin. Ovechkin has said he'd love to call Montreal home, and the Canadiens are looking for a sniper. Stars GM Jim Nill is looking for an established player in a potential trade for Dallas' two first-round picks. Vegas is being run by George McPhee, ex-GM of the Capitals, who wants to land Ovechkin to boost the Golden Knights from both a playing and marketing standpoint."

Montreal GM shit the bed by not bolstering secondary scoring. He had everything else in place but secondary scoring, or even primary scoring as Pacioretty disappeared.
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

lol

I mean, it would've been an "lol" anyway after reading that nonsense, but it truly got an "lol" right off the bat with the website "nhltraderumors.me"

Seems legit.

Comment

Would make some sense if Montreal could unload Pacioretty. Regardless of where it comes from it is a realistic proposal. Montreal got burned by only adding beef at the deadline. They were terrible offensively except for Radulov and Weber. You don't think there is a short leash now for Bergevin? They have assets they could use for A O but would need to move salary as well. Throw Pacioretty and a pick to Vegas, grab AO with Sergachev or picks/Galchenyuk. It's not unrealistic
      Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
        Would make some sense if Montreal could unload Pacioretty. Regardless of where it comes from it is a realistic proposal. Montreal got burned by only adding beef at the deadline. They were terrible offensively except for Radulov and Weber. You don't think there is a short leash now for Bergevin? They have assets they could use for A O but would need to move salary as well. Throw Pacioretty and a pick to Vegas, grab AO with Sergachev or picks/Galchenyuk. It's not unrealistic
        I disagree. I think it's very unrealistic. Even ignoring the fact that this is just a rumor site glomming on to the "hot" thing to write about right now, just because of McLellan's quote...

The basis of the rumor is that they need secondary scoring. Then the suggestion is to dump Pacioretty (who outscored Ovechkin this year) and then also trade Galchenyuk. That's 2 of their top 5 goal scorers, who also happen to be 2 of their top 3 point scorers. How is that solving the secondary scoring problem?

I get that it's Ovie. I get that he had a down year. But how exactly does this fix Montreal's problem, when they take on salary in the whole thing, trade away what little scoring they already have, and then will STILL need to fix the secondary scoring problem?
        Last edited by dsl135; 06-03-2017, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Pacioretty had one assist in six games in the PO's, with his ice time he should have way more than that. There were a LOT of grumblings in Montreal over their early exit and the disappearance of certain players. I do believe a healthy OV outperforms Pacioretty on Montreal. Galchenyuk had three assists in six games in the playoffs which was not what Bergevin was counting on, there were others but these two were singled out. I think there will be big changes in Montreal from what I saw this spring. Bergevin needed to do more than what he did at the deadline. He added beef only, hoping that his existing players would step up, only a couple did. Montreal fans are not patient.

Comment

Radulov is an UFA and last report was they were miles apart on length of contract. I can't see them bringing in OV with the possibility of losing their 3 best scorers. Maybe OV and Radulov are friends from Russia and they play together. Galchenyuck is pretty good and still has upside. Personally, I think he has an off ice issue that if addressed he can consistently be 30 goals, 80 points a year. He just hasn't fully committed to the game and has got where he is with raw talent. He needs a mentor to take him under their wing. If he had Gallagher's drive or Gallagher had Alex's size ... Skies the limit

Comment

I saw a street performer in Quebec today singing a song about Ovechkin. No clue what he was saying, but interesting nonetheless.
              "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

not sure what they could offer..nothing really but OVi to Vegas would give them instant draw

Comment

Originally posted by dsl135 View Post
                  lol

"nhltraderumors.me"

Seems legit.
                  Montenegro is actually the third top source for ridiculous trade rumors behind only Kazakhstan, and Eklund.
                  "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Working...
                  X