Expansion draft, protected list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expansion draft, protected list

Any thoughts on which of the two approaches the Flyers use and who they ultimately protect for the expansion draft?

I'd say 7/3/1

Giroux (NMC)
    Voracek
    Filpulla (NMC)
    Simmonds
    Couturier
    Schenn
    Raffl

Gudas
    Ghost
    MacDonald
    (Provo isn't eligible. no need to protect)

Neuvirth

I went with Raffl just because his cap hit is less than Read's.

I also went with MacDonald because the Hex & Hack connection seem to be high on him despite the cap hit, and Manning is very easy to replace; especially if we're expecting Morin to make a serious run at making the big squad
    "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Locks:
      F - Giroux (NMC), Voracek, Simmonds, Schenn, Couturier, Filppula (NMC)
      D - Gudas, Gostisbehere

That leave 1 D, 1 F and 1 G as question marks.

D will be either Manning, Macdonald or a third D that we trade for. My hope is Manning - not because I value him, but because I think we shouldn't bring in a new D but rather let the prospect play plus I don't want to consider that the organization seriously values Macdonald at that contract.

F will be either Raffl or Laughton protected - I expect Raffl.

G will be Stolarz or Neuvirth and I'm anticipating Stolarz.

I think it's one of Raffl, Laughton or Cousins who is taken, depending who gets protected up front or unless VGK wants Neuvirth.

Comment

after reading that we're close to terms with Weal; I would guarantee if he gets signed before the exp. draft he'd be the 7th forward protected leaving Vegas with the choice of Raffl or Laughton. Though I'm sure most of us would assume the same.

Looking at that choice, I'm not sure why they wouldn't pick Laughton if he's exposed. younger than Raffl, former 1st round pick, can be had on the cheap...
        "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

All of the connections with the LV GM makes a Neuvirth move or exposure deal likely. I would like to see them work that out and protect Stolarz......and maybe sign Mason back, unless they have a FA targetted. I would rather sign Weal and leave Raffl out there. They really have to leave MacDonald out there due to the cap hit and all the young guys just about ready. Between Cousins and Leighton, keep the latter, I still think he has potential.

FYI, the Inquirer reports that MA Fleury has waived his NMC so that he will be exposed. I seriously doubt they take a 36 yr old goalie. A smart move by the Pens, and team move by him.

Comment

Fleury is 32!

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
              Between Cousins and Leighton, keep the latter, I still think he has potential.
              potential indeed...

Comment

Vegas has to take up on some big contracts, MAF would be a good pick for a lot of reasons..

Meanwhile I am still hoping the Flyers use a 2, a 3 or both to get Vegas to take MacDonald

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
                  Vegas has to take up on some big contracts, MAF would be a good pick for a lot of reasons..

Meanwhile I am still hoping the Flyers use a 2, a 3 or both to get Vegas to take MacDonald
                  Wow!
                  that is a lot. I guess one has to do what one has to do.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
                    All of the connections with the LV GM makes a Neuvirth move or exposure deal likely. I would like to see them work that out and protect Stolarz......and maybe sign Mason back, unless they have a FA targetted.
                    McPhee also drafted Grubauer when he was Caps GM. Grubauer is 4 years younger, has a better career GAA by .40 and better career save percentage by .11 than Neuvirth. I think Grubauer is a much more likely goalie to be taken than Neuvirth.
                    Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                    Official Facebook
                    Official Twitter

Comment

Working...
                    X