Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expansion draft, protected list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by ELab2

    Sanheim and Provorov have two more seasons 17/18 and 18/19 before being up. At that time MacDonald will only have 1 year left, they can buy him out then (or even after next year) or trade him with substantial money retained.

    Morin and Hagg will get very limited raises after this year.

    I don't want MacDonald hanging around, and if we could dump him for a midround pick and midlevel prospect I'd be fine with that, but the situation is not urgent enough that we should use part of the value of a great asset to dispose of him
    You speak in absolutes that can't be supported Elab.

    Morin has a break out season, huge physical player and he's on line for more than a small raise.

    The way people have jizzed about Provorov it's likely he's in the 6m range and God help us if Sanheim duplicates Gost's mid season debut.

    Sorry but your low cost reups seem to require guys not meeting or exceeding their potential

    Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

      You speak in absolutes that can't be supported Elab.

      Morin has a break out season, huge physical player and he's on line for more than a small raise.

      The way people have jizzed about Provorov it's likely he's in the 6m range and God help us if Sanheim duplicates Gost's mid season debut.

      Sorry but your low cost reups seem to require guys not meeting or exceeding their potential

      Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
      Even if Morin and Hagg have great years, we still don't need to deal with MacDonald now. Read and Filpula come off next year which should create enough to resign them, even if not we can dump MacDonald then.

      I agree Provorv and Sanheim may be very expensive the following year. That's still two years from now.

      The absolute is that they can always buy MacDonald out relatively cheaply after this year.
      "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

      Comment


      • #93
        People really, really hate macdonald but we're now in a situation where its not imperative that we get out from under his contract.

        - He's a 3rd pairing d with 5v5 offensive upside. He should be making 2m atleast. So he's hurting the cap for 3m basically. He's an NHL player and he has long streaks of solidish play. He's not killing the team.
        - He's now the ranking veteran D and ASSUMING morin/sanheim are ready then you have your 7. If you get rid of him you have to get someone to replace him, unless you plan on bringing up hagg sanheim AND morin! I think its important that there be some structure to the locker room for the young kids. I would rather that be someone else but he's the one we have. I suppose you could trade him and get a diff character guy, but then that player is also coming into a new unknown locker room and has to integrate quickly where macdonald already feels comfortable. I think Hextall has shown that he values veteran structure and chemistry and "playing the right way" as well as on-ice value, as witnessed by the PEB deal and Filppula trade.
        - Definitely for the next 2 years, cap space is not important.
        - Pencil in +Laughton (1m), +Weal (1.5m), +sanheim (863k), +morin (863k), +lindblom (925), -PEB (1.45) and +vecchione? (1m) then we have 5m to find a second goalie this year. Plenty.
        - Next year TEN MILLION comes off the cap in filppula, umberger and read. Plenty to resign kids.
        - We're not going to make a big splash in free agency for a while, nor should we. Hextall has shown he's going to build thru the draft and we wont be a contender for ATLEAST 2 years and probably longer.
        - Half his deal is done now. The longer we wait the less assets we'll have to give up to get rid of him. The longer we wait the more the cap goes up (usually) and less percentage of the cap space that 3m takes up. The longer we wait the less a buyout affects us.

        So, maybe in some future scenarios it makes sense for year 3... but definitely not imperative atm.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
          I'd like to keep the pick as well...but what if the offer was this:

          Flyers give: 2017 First Round (#2), 2018 First Round, Neuvirth (let me add a salary dump here...maybe AMac??)

          Vegas give: 2017 First Round (#6), 2018 First Round, MAF
          .
          Personally, that would really hard to turn down. Dumping AMac and neuvirth and getting MAF, I would really doubt Vegas would add a 18 first with that though. If they could get their 1st in the next 3 to 5 yrs, that would be a steal.

          somehow though I also expect a deal from Pitt to have them not pick MAF, or a pick.and trade back . If he isn't ivovled I doubt Vegas adds future 1sts.

          Comment


          • #95
            Supposedly PIT traded a pick to ensure that Vegas DID take Fleury because of their cap issues.

            Also, any player selected cannot be traded back to their original team prior to January 1.

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
              People really, really hate macdonald but we're now in a situation where its not imperative that we get out from under his contract.

              - He's a 3rd pairing d with 5v5 offensive upside. He should be making 2m atleast. So he's hurting the cap for 3m basically. He's an NHL player and he has long streaks of solidish play. He's not killing the team.
              - He's now the ranking veteran D and ASSUMING morin/sanheim are ready then you have your 7. If you get rid of him you have to get someone to replace him, unless you plan on bringing up hagg sanheim AND morin! I think its important that there be some structure to the locker room for the young kids. I would rather that be someone else but he's the one we have. I suppose you could trade him and get a diff character guy, but then that player is also coming into a new unknown locker room and has to integrate quickly where macdonald already feels comfortable. I think Hextall has shown that he values veteran structure and chemistry and "playing the right way" as well as on-ice value, as witnessed by the PEB deal and Filppula trade.
              - Definitely for the next 2 years, cap space is not important.
              - Pencil in +Laughton (1m), +Weal (1.5m), +sanheim (863k), +morin (863k), +lindblom (925), -PEB (1.45) and +vecchione? (1m) then we have 5m to find a second goalie this year. Plenty.
              - Next year TEN MILLION comes off the cap in filppula, umberger and read. Plenty to resign kids.
              - We're not going to make a big splash in free agency for a while, nor should we. Hextall has shown he's going to build thru the draft and we wont be a contender for ATLEAST 2 years and probably longer.
              - Half his deal is done now. The longer we wait the less assets we'll have to give up to get rid of him. The longer we wait the more the cap goes up (usually) and less percentage of the cap space that 3m takes up. The longer we wait the less a buyout affects us.

              So, maybe in some future scenarios it makes sense for year 3... but definitely not imperative atm.
              If I move MacDonald, I can fit

              Morin 863,333
              Sanheim 863,333
              Hagg 894,167
              Lindblom 925,000
              Total 3,545,833

              In his current cap hit and still have 1.54m in room...

              So yeah, MacD is a huge chunk of cap space...today.

              And if we buy him out next summer we exchange a 5m cap hit for 2 years, for hits of 1.375, 1.125, 1.875 and 1.875 over 4 years

              And if we buy him out with one year remaining? we exchange a 5m cap hit for hits of 1.166 and 1.916

              So we're still looking at AMac, each year of buyout hit...eating up as much cap as the current value of 2 of the 4 young players listed above...

              At some point the Flyers have to become proactive about the cap..

              ...because we're going to need to be able to sign a top notch free agent, or make a trade that has us taking on cap...to get better and to pursue cups...

              Over the next 3 years

              needs contract for 2018-19
              Morin, Hagg,

              Needs contract for 2019-20
              Konecny, Provorov, Sanheim


              i just find it weird that for a fanbase that wants to be in on every big name trade...that actually having the room to do so is never important...it's better to be cap pressed and have something to complain about..

              Comment


              • #97
                Am I the only one who doesnt want Fleury? Maybe I have a distorted view of his talent from how well the flyers have played against him... Definitely don't want to give up the #2 to get an aging goalie who doesn't fit into our long term plan...

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
                  Am I the only one who doesnt want Fleury? Maybe I have a distorted view of his talent from how well the flyers have played against him... Definitely don't want to give up the #2 to get an aging goalie who doesn't fit into our long term plan...
                  I hope we're not...

                  ...Fleury would not be a good pick up...

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

                    I hope we're not...

                    ...Fleury would not be a good pick up...
                    I think he'd be a very bad pickup. The Flyers aren't ready to compete, why bring an expensive stop-gap goalie?
                    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

                    Comment


                    • Well if pitt doesn't keep MAf, It is good news, as they have used the tandem very well to win.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X