Expansion draft, protected list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smkruzik View Post

Moving MacDonald right now means Gudas and Ghost are our "vets". That to me is no better than rushing a proven prospect to the NHL.
    Why wouldn't we be able to pick up a vet in free agency? People need to stop trying to make MacDonald being on this roster a good thing. Having him off the roster makes this team better, no matter how you look at it. And i know...that won't happen for a couple of years.

Comment

• Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

Why wouldn't we be able to pick up a vet in free agency? People need to stop trying to make MacDonald being on this roster a good thing. Having him off the roster makes this team better, no matter how you look at it. And i know...that won't happen for a couple of years.
      That's what my second part said. If there is someone else out there to take his place, then I'm all for it. I'm just throwing the caution that we shouldn't just hap hazardly find a way to dump MacDonald without having his replacement ready to sign.
      "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

• But in all seriousness...it would be impossible to not be able to replace AMac with an experienced dman. There are so many of them out there...even frikin Nick Schultz would fit that role better than AMac at a minimum contract (i'm sure Mike Ratje is available).

Comment

• I can appreciate the fact AMac is not a 3-4 d-man (which is what we're using him as), but if you look at his numbers and minutes, as a 5-6 d-man, he's more than adequate for the job. I honestly believe if his cap hit were 2 mill or less, we'd all be happy as can be that we have a 5-6 dman like him. A lot of the hate comes from the cap hit; which I again, I completely understand. It is insanely, ridiculously high for a 5-6. But to say a Schultz or someone of his ilk could step in and do the job is really discrediting what we DO get from AMac.

I'm not an apologist for MacDonald. Don't think I WANT him to be playing 5-6 time while getting paid as a 2-3. I'm just saying I think it's more complicated than moving his contract and getting an asset that can serve his purpose in his stead.
          "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

• Originally posted by smkruzik View Post
            I can appreciate the fact AMac is not a 3-4 d-man (which is what we're using him as), but if you look at his numbers and minutes, as a 5-6 d-man, he's more than adequate for the job. I honestly believe if his cap hit were 2 mill or less, we'd all be happy as can be that we have a 5-6 dman like him. A lot of the hate comes from the cap hit; which I again, I completely understand. It is insanely, ridiculously high for a 5-6. But to say a Schultz or someone of his ilk could step in and do the job is really discrediting what we DO get from AMac.

I'm not an apologist for MacDonald. Don't think I WANT him to be playing 5-6 time while getting paid as a 2-3. I'm just saying I think it's more complicated than moving his contract and getting an asset that can serve his purpose in his stead.
            First question: what does AMac provide as a 5-6 in a 'mentor/veteran presence' role?

Second question: what from answer one can;t be provided by a 'lesser' dman like Schultz (or a one-legged Rathje?)

Third question: the difficulty in moving the contract is in the seeming fact that the FO believes what they say about him. How does that make the situation bearable?

The entire problem with AMac is that he's not viewed as a 5-6, and when he was signed at 5m, many many people sold it as a great signing and a great number!

There's this weird, "AMac's not so bad thing" going on and it's really troubling...

Comment

Working...
            X