No announcement yet.

Expansion draft, protected list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas has 3 goalies so Niimi and Lehtonen are on market but $4.5-$5+ million for either. Can't see them taking both MAF and one of them. Can see them taking one of the three, and two of them are Stanley Cup Champion goalies, although 09 and 10 when they won as starters. Won't mind if the flyers grab one of the three as a bridge

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
      Meanwhile I am still hoping the Flyers use a 2, a 3 or both to get Vegas to take MacDonald
      Rev, you've got this all wrong!

Hexy and Hak will be looking to get a 2nd or 3rd back for him....after all, he was our top D-man last year

Comment

Hextall should be fired immediately if he protects MacDonald. In fact, like Rev said, he should trade an asset to LV to entice them to take MacDonald.

Comment

I swore I heard Doc say flower was 36, which I rhought.sounded a little high for.him

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe

Rev, you've got this all wrong!

Hexy and Hak will be looking to get a 2nd or 3rd back for him....after all, he was our top D-man last year
            Goddamit who left Homer in charge of the water cooler...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe

Wow!
              that is a lot. I guess one has to do what one has to do.
              Flyers have 6 picks combined in the second, third and fourth round.

Ideally it gets done with a 3.

But the thing to remember is the Flyers only draft 2nd in the first round, subsequent rounds revert to traditional seeding by points lowest to highest.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Reading today's Inquirer article on Macdonald.. LV is getting a lot of calls to take high contracts, which makes.sense. so yes they have a buyers market and say they want picks to take contracts. That seems a little surprising on thensurface, but Rev is right on about the market. They really need to dump MacDs contract, and.it will take picks to do it. It will be worth it.

Comment

For what it's worth...Pierre McGuire on TSN690 in Montreal this afternoon said that he expects LV to take 4 goalies in the draft, *including Neuvirth and Grubauer (sp?).

Comment

clearing macdonald's contract for a pick is fine with me, but also its not killing us. one bad contract for the next 3 years wont really matter given how many rooks we've got coming into the lineup.

Comment

Supposedly, the BJs will be giving up their #1 and a prospect to LV to ensure that LV doesn't select any of the following:

- Alexander Wennberg
                      - Josh Anderson
                      - Joonas Korpisalo
                      - Jack Johnson
                      - David Savard

They are steering LV towards:

- Matt Calvert
                      - William Karlsson
                      - Ryan Murray

LV might also need to pickup David Clarkson's shitty dead contract, which i believe they will be happy to do.

http://www.dispatch.com/sports/20170...p-young-talent

Comment

Working...
                      X