No announcement yet.

Expansion draft, protected list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO, protecting Laugthon is less about Laughton than it is about trying to force LV to take a higher paying contract off our hands.

Comment

is the idea that they wont take weal because he's a ufa?

Comment

They can attempt to negotiate a contract with Weal during this window and then he would become Vegas' pick from us.

If they can't negotiate a contract, I doubt they would take him and risk losing him by the end of the month.

Comment

I am hoping its not Weal or PEB, and I would gladly offer a 3rd rounder for them to take Read or MacDonald (or both).

A lot of sounds about teams giving up 1st rounders to protect a few unprotected guys, if Im LV, I am all over that. I know its not the best draft but....

PLEASE PLEASE take Macdonald and trade them Read.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerwise View Post
            I am hoping its not Weal or PEB, and I would gladly offer a 3rd rounder for them to take Read or MacDonald (or both).

A lot of sounds about teams giving up 1st rounders to protect a few unprotected guys, if Im LV, I am all over that. I know its not the best draft but....

PLEASE PLEASE take Macdonald and trade them Read.
            Theyve apparently received picks as far out as 2020 (not known what round), which is very smart.

They have an opportunity to have a very good and fairly young defense from the draft. The only way they would take MacDonald is if they are very focused on success 7-10 years from now and trade away (or get assets not to take) all those good young selectable dmen
            "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

It certainly appears Thursday is going to be VERY busy across the league, as the trade freeze is lifted at 8am EST...should be fun to watch!

Wonder what Hexy will do, if anything!

Comment

If they lose Weal, it would definitely be a bummer.

I must say, I'm now incredibly entertained by the general fanbase turnaround (not necessarily anyone specific here) with regards to Bellemare. The guy was generally ripped constantly as a crappy player. People hated his new contract. People talked about how he's the "lowest scoring forward in the NHL" and what a terrible deal it was. Then he was named Alternate Captain when Streit was traded and there was still kind of a general "huh?" reaction. Then he seems like a cool guy, gets in the news for a few good leadership moves, and now the general fanbase seems to think it's the end of the world if we lose him.

Comment

Listening to NHL radio on SiriusXM...and the consensus seems to be one of

Read, Bellemare or Neuvirth as the pick.

I'm ok with losing anyone on the exposed list, including Weal. That's the one I don't get...he's a nice player but folks are seeing a lot more in him than I think he's ever going to be capable of meeting.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
                    Listening to NHL radio on SiriusXM...and the consensus seems to be one of

Read, Bellemare or Neuvirth as the pick.

I'm ok with losing anyone on the exposed list, including Weal. That's the one I don't get...he's a nice player but folks are seeing a lot more in him than I think he's ever going to be capable of meeting.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
                    I don't get the fascination with Weal either..any deal he is given imo should be on the short and cheap sideĀ*

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post

I don't get the fascination with Weal either..any deal he is given imo should be on the short and cheap sideĀ*
                      Yeah, he showed some game last year but that was a brief run. He hasn't earned any big time money at this point, just the opportunity to show he's for real. A 2 year deal at around $1.5M per season seems reasonable. Much more than that and you're risking being stuck in a contract that hurts the cap situation when you want to sign someone with major value.
                      Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Working...
                      X