Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
    Listening to NHL radio on SiriusXM...and the consensus seems to be one of

Read, Bellemare or Neuvirth as the pick.

I'm ok with losing anyone on the exposed list, including Weal. That's the one I don't get...he's a nice player but folks are seeing a lot more in him than I think he's ever going to be capable of meeting.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    I've been hearing Raffl a lot more than Read.

Can someone confirm that if Weal signs with LV during this LV-only UFA period, then that counts as their expansion draft pick and they can't pick someone else from us? I'm lazy and searching these things can be annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie View Post

I've been hearing Raffl a lot more than Read.

Can someone confirm that if Weal signs with LV during this LV-only UFA period, then that counts as their expansion draft pick and they can't pick someone else from us? I'm lazy and searching these things can be annoying.
      Confirmed. If they sign anyone's UFA during this period, that counts as their pick from that team.

Comment

I just have to wonder what hexy is thinking at the G position. If neuvy gets picked then we have NO nhl goaltenders... scary position. I feel like he must have a handshake deal with mason.

Weal had 8-4-12 in 23 games. Thats 28-14-42 over a full season. Small sample size but he's a proven AHL scorer, has nhl speed and can protect the puck. And seems to be playing defense now! That's reason for optimism.

Bellemare doesn't bother me... he's Ian Laperriere. Having bellemare AND VV is too much tho, you only need one made-the-most-of-his-limited-talent guy.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
          I just have to wonder what hexy is thinking at the G position. If neuvy gets picked then we have NO nhl goaltenders... scary position. I feel like he must have a handshake deal with mason.

Weal had 8-4-12 in 23 games. Thats 28-14-42 over a full season. Small sample size but he's a proven AHL scorer, has nhl speed and can protect the puck. And seems to be playing defense now! That's reason for optimism.

Bellemare doesn't bother me... he's Ian Laperriere. Having bellemare AND VV is too much tho, you only need one made-the-most-of-his-limited-talent guy.
          We can prorate guys with immense NHL abilities to ridiculous 100+ point totals after 25 games...but we know it's meaningless

Weal's a nice player with some potential, but like PEB and VV in the limited talent role, the Flyers have a lot of Forwards in that middle-six potential range Weal is pencilled in at.

Comment

I've seen some talk that Hexy is/will cut a deal for one of LVGKs many goaltender picks tomorrow.

Speculation that Laughton was protected to flip for a goalie on the exposed list

Comment

I've seen some talk that Hexy is/will cut a deal for one of LVGKs many goaltender picks tomorrow.

Speculation that Laughton was protected to flip for a goalie on the exposed list
              I prefer that than trading a pick for one of those goalies.
              "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Reading TSN mocks earlier, Button had Neuvirth taken (as Vegas' fourth goalie after selecting three others), while Seravalli had them taking only three (same other three as Button) goalies and ending up with Weal (he didn't specify if signed by Vegas, or signed by Flyers in time & then selected by Vegas)

Comment

Cool by me!!

Comment

I have seen some interviews with LV GM. Intimates, D will be taken!!

Comment

Boy this must be like christmas for that guy!!

Comment

Working...
                      X