No announcement yet.

Expansion draft, protected list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read somewhere there was a requirement to how many they had to pick from each position, or maybe it was a maximum.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie View Post
      I read somewhere there was a requirement to how many they had to pick from each position, or maybe it was a maximum.
      It's minimum, 3 goalies, 14 forwards and 9 dmen...I believe

Comment

Bob McKenzie basically broke down the expected trades this morning... any of these could have picks added as well (and likely do).

ANA - Trades Shea Theodore so that Vegas selects Stoner (not Vatanen/Manson)

CHI - Trades Kruger and a 3rd so that Vegas selects van Riemsdyk

CBJ - Trades Clarkson, a 1st, and a prospect so that Vegas selects Calvert/Karlsson/Murray

FLA - Trades Smith so that Vegas selects Marchessault (confusing one here... but McKenzie suggests both of those players are going to Vegas, to possibly be flipped)

MIN - Trades Haula and a pick so that Vegas doesn't select Dumba/Scandella/Staal

NYI - Trades Grabovski and a 1st so that Vegas selects Kulemin

PIT - Trades a pick so that Vegas selects Fleury

TB - Trades ??? so that Vegas picks Garrison

For me, if I'm Vegas, I probably tell ANA and MIN to go screw themselves, and take Vatanen and Dumba to build my defense. I also just tell PIT thanks for the extra pick cuz I probably would've selected Fleury anyway.

But yea, with these prices, it's easy to see that peoples' hope that we might work out a deal for Vegas to take AMac was going to be way too expensive. It's not worth moving a 1st and extra assets.

Comment

As I understood McKenzie on Florida-Vegas: Marchessault (Florida's leading goal scorer with 30, although only once) was included in trade to Vegas to entice Vegas to select Smith & take on Smith's contract (?)

Comment

A 2nd or 3rd and a mid tier prospect could have worked fine.

If folks think that was too much...remember it when he's top pair and top 3 in minutes this season...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Weal's agent says he will talk to teams other than Vegas

Comment

Murray was on CBJ's protected list and Johnson wasn't, so Mackenzie is off there.

I also think that if the Wild deal is true then McPhee is off to a terrible start. Minnesota gave him a chance to lock down a good young defenseman for years. He better really like Tuch.

Comment

Rumor out of Vancouver that Flyers may trade #2 to Vegas.

If return includes Grubauer (sp?) from Caps, I would have to listen

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
                    A 2nd or 3rd and a mid tier prospect could have worked fine.

If folks think that was too much...remember it when he's top pair and top 3 in minutes this season...

Yea, I would've been completely fine with that. My point is, based on the returns they seem to be getting, that would've been a non-starter with Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by dsl135

Yea, I would've been completely fine with that. My point is, based on the returns they seem to be getting, that would've been a non-starter with Vegas.
                      Only CBJ and NYI gave up first rounders...so I'm not sold the price was necessarily set there. I wouldn't give up the 1st unless it was in a package that brought us back needed talent

My fear is the Front Office believes their own fluff

Comment

Working...
                      X