Expansion draft, protected list

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
    Rumor out of Vancouver that Flyers may trade #2 to Vegas.

If return includes Grubauer (sp?) from Caps, I would have to listen

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    Lot's of talk out of T.O that Vegas is pushing hard for our pick. Vegas are big fans of Patrick and are looking to make a splash at the draft. Their AGM Kelly McCrimmon drafted Patrick to the Wheat Kings (hence the connection). No word on what the possible offer(s) could be.

Also, some discussion that Dallas might be looking to jump to #1, although I don't really understand that rumour if they're looking for D.
    Last edited by Hexy's Axe; 06-21-2017, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Rumor out of Vancouver that Flyers may trade #2 to Vegas.

If return includes Grubauer (sp?) from Caps, I would have to listen

The #2 overall pick? I don't think Vegas has or will have the assets to offer us enough value for that. I want the Flyers to go ahead and grab Patrick (sounds like NJ is taking Hischier) to be our long term #2 (or maybe #1 after Giroux) center. We're in a youth movement here. I'm not sold on Grubauer...he's shown some promise on a good team, but we've seen that before. And we have a nice pipeline of young goalies right now; I'm confident at least one of them will pan out (Hart or Sundstrom are the best bets).
      Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

I really don't want to give up this #2 after weeks of hype.

Comment

It sounds like Vegas definitely will have the assets to give up for the #2 pick. Whether the Flyers trade it should depend in large part how they feel about Nolan/Nico (particularly Nolan) in relation to health and comparison to the guy at say #6.

Vegas will apparently have #6, #15, and #24 at least. They also have what should be a very high 1st round pick in a better 2018 draft.

They will also apparently end up with good young goalies (Mrazek, Grubauer) and a few young forwards with upside (Marchessault, Tuch, Rychel)
          "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2
            It sounds like Vegas definitely will have the assets to give up for the #2 pick. Whether the Flyers trade it should depend in large part how they feel about Nolan/Nico (particularly Nolan) in relation to health and comparison to the guy at say #6.

Vegas will apparently have #6, #15, and #24 at least. They also have what should be a very high 1st round pick in a better 2018 draft.

They will also apparently end up with good young goalies (Mrazek, Grubauer) and a few young forwards with upside (Marchessault, Tuch, Rychel)
            This.

I'd be open to exploring potential trade packages. Vegas will have a lot to gamble with

Comment

I'd like to keep the pick as well...but what if the offer was this:

Flyers give: 2017 First Round (#2), 2018 First Round, Neuvirth (let me add a salary dump here...maybe AMac??)

Vegas give: 2017 First Round (#6), 2018 First Round, MAF

I'm betting the 2018 draft will be much deeper...with top picks being possible franchise game changers. Also, that the gap between the Flyers and Vegas will be more than 4 spots (Vegas likely being a lottery position...Flyers possible playoff position).
              Last edited by lynchmob450; 06-21-2017, 03:33 PM. Reason: Added AMac

Comment

Here's are a few posts from a guy on HF. Take it with a grain of salt...

Post #1

There are rumblings teams weren't too impressed with Patrick at the combine or with the reports out of Brandon this year. Maybe Philly is one of those teams that isn't very impressed.

Realistically, I'd take this with a grain of salt at the moment. Although, if Vegas want's to move up to strike on Patrick (as I think Hischier is going one), they should have the ammunition if Philly isn't high on him.

Say the trade is 6 and 15th. It lands them probably Vilardi or Glass, then someone like Anderssen or Suzuki at 15.

Post #2

There have been loose rumblings all year, and I heard it from someone who was in attendance at the combine.

He wasn't bad or anything, just came across as a bit entitled and arrogant. Also heard he wouldn't interview for Dallas because they fired his uncle, which rubbed people the wrong way.

Nothing that would get him flagged for character concerns, it's just he didn't come across as well as Hischier and there have been rumors him and Brandon management hasn't seen eye to eye. Brandon's GM wasn't exactly selling him hard to the press in the lead up to the draft. Didn't throw him under the bus, but wasn't trying to say he was a franchise player either.

Comment

If you are getting 6 and 15 + and possibly getting them to take Farmer...you really have to consider it

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                    If you are getting 6 and 15 + and possibly getting them to take Farmer...you really have to consider it
                    In my view they're wasting the value of the #2 if they use it to get rid of MacDonald or other bad contracts. They really don't need that money right now and the probability of three rookie dmen (which is why I think everyone really wants to get rid of MacDonald) is very slim. Most likely outcome of getting rid of MacDonald is bringing in a much cheaper but similar quality veteran.

I trust them to make the right choice, but it should definitely include (and not be limited to) #6 and #15 or (preferably) #6 and Vegas's 2018 1st.
                    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

This.

I'd be open to exploring potential trade packages. Vegas will have a lot to gamble with

Nice play on words, so natural but I am sure it will get so over used.. just like Boomer Esiasan litmus test a few years back

Comment

Working...
                      X