Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drouin to Habs

http://www.tsn.ca/canadiens-acquire-...achev-1.780260

" The Montreal Canadiens have acquired forward Jonathan Drouin and a conditional sixth-round pick in 2018 from the Tampa Bay Lightning in exchange for defenceman Mikhail Sergachev and a conditional second-round pick in 2018.
    The 22-year-old restricted free agent is coming off the best season of his career, scoring 21 goals and adding 32 assists in 73 games for the Tampa Bay Lightning, all career highs.
    But it wasn’t always such a smooth ride for Drouin.
    His relationship with the Lightning soured at the beginning of 2016 when he refused an assignment to the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League. He was suspended without pay for almost two months while trade rumours swirled, but eventually reported to the AHL and was called back up by the Lightning after a nine-game stint.
    He is coming off a three-year, $9.7 million entry-level deal.
    Drouin has 29 goals and 66 assists in 164 career regular season games."

Wow what a move.
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

I don't know enough about Sergachev to really comment all that in-depth. I know people think a lot of him.

To me, right now though, Montreal wins this trade solely based on "what they are now." Sergachev "might" be good. Drouin is good. They both might get better, one may and one may not, who knows.

Though I just read the picks are conditional. If Sergachev plays 40 games this year, no picks are traded. That's kinda crazy to me. Could really swing this in Montreal's favor if it's just a 1 for 1.

Comment

Wow!! I like Drouin on ice skills and even thought the flyers should consider given up their draft slot and a defense for him, obviously I know it is too much to even suggest yet I understand that Sergachev is highly thought of as a prospect. Did he win the Memorial Cup?

Comment

Bergevin was under pressure to deliver a scoring forward, Sergachev was a piece he had to move. Eklund had us in the hunt for Drouin with Gostisbehere as the bait. Montreal loses their replacement for Markov but they get a young French Canadian forward with a high upside. Good move by Bergevin and I don't think he is done.
        Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
          Wow!! I like Drouin on ice skills and even thought the flyers should consider given up their draft slot and a defense for him, obviously I know it is too much to even suggest yet I understand that Sergachev is highly thought of as a prospect. Did he win the Memorial Cup?
          I believe he did, he won the OHL best defenseman award in his rookie season. He's going to be solid and has a pretty high upside.

Comment

Wondering what if anything the Flyers offered?

Would a fair comparison be Sanheim and a 2nd? Or is Sergachev viewed as having a higher ceiling?

My guess is TB would have asked for Provy & a 2nd (no thanks).

Comment

Glad the Flyers lost out...Drouin is a grass is greener player....if he were here for the last two years, people would be down on him...like Coots and Schenn...

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post
                Wondering what if anything the Flyers offered?

Would a fair comparison be Sanheim and a 2nd? Or is Sergachev viewed as having a higher ceiling?

My guess is TB would have asked for Provy & a 2nd (no thanks).
                I think Sergachev has a higher ceiling.

Comment

We need some character guys. We need to rebuild/create our identity. I don't see Drouin Helping that, at all. That said, if gost was bait, are his days numbered here?

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
                    Glad the Flyers lost out...Drouin is a grass is greener player....if he were here for the last two years, people would be down on him...like Coots and Schenn...
                    This.
                    "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Working...
                    X