No announcement yet.

Drouin to Habs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drouin signs a 6yr deal at 5.5 per year.

Comment

Also...watch Galchenyuk get traded next.*

Comment

Did a quick look on an English speaking Habs site and this trade is very well received.. for the most part everyone is pretty happy. They love their local boys yet they are sad to see their defense prospect move. They are convinced, as lynchman has noted, that Chucky will be traded for replacement dman, maybe Brodin.
        ​​​​

Comment

Just a few points...

- Drouin had a difficult time playing a structured game under Cooper. How will he handle Julien's structure, which is famous for spitting out young ones who don't "get it" (playing a 200ft game)?

- Its all fine and dandy to have dreams of playing in front of family and friends...but there is no market more difficult to be the home town boy that Montreal. The dedication to be ready and deliver is enormous. Drouin will be followed and reported on every where he goes. He'll be given space in the beginning, but when the team starts losing and he is not putting up great offensive number...this has the potential to be the best soap opera out there.

- The Habs prospect pool was as bad as anyone's prior to this deal. Trading away their only blue chip prospect leaves them in an all-in position, with failure meaning another generation of real bad hockey. Being a Habs hater and living in MTL, this is a great time to be alive!

- IMO, the Habs will need to give more than Galchenyuk to acquire a guy like Brodin. Brodin might be the perfect fit to play along side Weber...but they will need to pay for him.

- Price's contract is coming up soon...as is Pacioretty's. Those will be two big raises. They also would like to bring back Radulov and attempt to acquire a guy like Kovalchuk. Things will become desperate very soon for Bergevin. He's going to re-sign Markov again for a $5M+ deal again (because you can't let a "great" lifer move on to another team....what will the fans say?). They hope to lose Emelin in the expansion draft, but i doubt that will happen. And Plekanec is on his last year @ $6M...not sure anyone touches that toxic contract. Did i mention...it's a great time to be alive?

Comment

How does Trevor Timmins still have a job there? Since Gainey left, his drafts have been horrid, actually probably even before Bob left. The Louie Leblanc draft was awful.

Drouin is a nice addition. Guys like Danault​ and Byron probably had career years last year. I think Paciorrrty could be gone and not resigned once his deal is up.

Comment

I know some people disagree, but I sure would've liked Drouin in Orange and Black.

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post
                I know some people disagree, but I sure would've liked Drouin in Orange and Black.
                I wouldn't have disagreed with you...but would have questioned how we would get him here (the price would have been high) and how we would sign him and fit him into our cap situation.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

I wouldn't have disagreed with you...but would have questioned how we would get him here (the price would have been high) and how we would sign him and fit him into our cap situation.
                  that darned Amac contract has killed us

Comment

Working...
                  X