Cousins traded to the Yotes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cousins traded to the Yotes

Supposedly for a pick and prospect. Hope the pick is for next draft.

Per Bobby Mac...ARI sends 5th round pick and Brendan Warren (Univ of Michigan) *to PHI for Nick Cousins.

Comment

Warren is a LW and former 3rd round pick of the Coyotes in the 2015 draft. His numbers at University of Michigan are not impressive. Maybe he's been preparing to land the CVV gig?

Comment

Merrick Madsen from Harvard also going the Yotes. 5th rounder is a 2018 pick.

Comment

Something for something you aren't going to keep isna good deal.

Comment

Mildly disappointed in the return, as I would have thought the package of the two could have maybe gotten us a third. However, when you're trading a guy who would likely have been on waivers by the start of the season (Cousins) and a guy who wasn't going to sign with you due to the goalie log jam (Madsen), I guess something is always better than nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24
              Something for something you aren't going to keep isna good deal.
              Huh? If I get something that may be of value for something I no longer value or cannot keep how is it a bad deal?

Cousins was a 2011 third round pick, kid they picked up is a 2015 third round pick.

Madsen was a 6th round pick in 2013, they picked up a 5th in 2018.

Good deal.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

How well they did really depends on how they feel about Warren and the likelihood of signing Madsen.

The Flyers are chock full of mediocre forwards and can only protect so many, and most other teams face a similar problem, so I imagine a very limited number of teams are interested in protecting a player of Cousin's caliber, making him near valueless.
                "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Huh? If I get something that may be of value for something I no longer value or cannot keep how is it a bad deal?

Cousins was a 2011 third round pick, kid they picked up is a 2015 third round pick.

Madsen was a 6th round pick in 2013, they picked up a 5th in 2018.

Good deal.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

I think he meant "is a". the "n" was a typo.

Comment

Better than losing him for nothing in the expansion draft. He always had potential that seemed just shy of cashing in on.

Comment

Working...
                    X