Would You?! (2nd overall speculation)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You?! (2nd overall speculation)

Would you trade the 2 for the 6, 13 and 15.

Considering the Flyers were looking at drafting middle of the pack before the lottery gods smiled...I have to consider it..

The Flyers could potentially add the top 2 pure goal scorers in the draft in Tippett and Tolvanen..

And still land a top end center..

For me it seems more foolish for Vegas to make the deal. Yet the buzz continues that Vegas wants the #2 pick

I think at this point the #2 makes more sense for the Flyers and the 3 picks in the top 15 makes more sense for LV.
    And that seems like a lot for an expansion team to give up.

But I don't know enough about all the draft prospects because I was so focused on the top 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
      Would you trade the 2 for the 6, 13 and 15.

Considering the Flyers were looking at drafting middle of the pack before the lottery gods smiled...I have to consider it..

The Flyers could potentially add the top 2 pure goal scorers in the draft in Tippett and Tolvanen..

And still land a top end center..

For me it seems more foolish for Vegas to make the deal. Yet the buzz continues that Vegas wants the #2 pick
      I gotta say I'd be very tempted by this offer. If Hextall can end up with any combination of these 3: Vilardi/ Glass/ Mittelstadt/ Suzuki/ Tippett he's probably laughing!

Heck, he could even trade the 13 & 15 pick up and move up to the top 10 and have two premium selections.

Having said that, I think Hextall only does this deal because they are some concerns over Patrick's health and/or the way he performed at the combine.

Should be a never racking 36 hrs!

Comment

No on the trade. The organization has depth at every position except for a top line center. Maybe one of the Russians could take that job but neither of them are as talented as Patrick or Hischier.
        "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

If the Flyers are comfortable that Nico/Nolan are at least 65 point per year first line centers with potential for greater offensive upside (and for Nolan that his health is not a big question mark) then they should keep the pick.

If the Flyers are not sold on that upside or have serious concerns about Nolan's health, and they think they can: (a) get 3 50 point forwards with the potential for higher upside including a center; or (b) take two such forwards, and a defenseman with 1st pairing potential while trading one our D prospects for a current top end young forward, they should make the trade.

a) Glass/Vilardi/Mittelstadt and two of Pettersson/Tippett/Necas/Suzuki/Andersson/Vesalainen/Tolvanen

b) Glass/Vilardi/Mittelstadt and Pettersson/Tippett/Necas/Suzuki/Andersson/Vesalainen/Tolvanen and Liljegren/Valimaki/Foote (I assume they wouldn't take Makar or Heiskanen even if they are their at #6)

If the Flyers think they have better shot to get a top notch forward, including center, under option a or b than they do selecting Nico or Nolan, than they should make the trade.
          "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by flyers19rw
            No on the trade. The organization has depth at every position except for a top line center. Maybe one of the Russians could take that job but neither of them are as talented as Patrick or Hischier.
            Not directed at you...

It's interesting how this draft went from being "not very good" to having two guys destined for NHL greatness atop it.

Between Nolan's health and the idea that Nico may be better suited as a wing at the NHL level...I'm not as sold as a lot (and I mean a lot) of the folks out there are on the can't miss nature of the top 2.

Comment

First, I don't think I finally pull the trigger on any trade of the #2 until after NJ makes the #1 pick and, only then if there's some reason that I have questions about the player left that NJ didn't take (I think there's still enough uncertainty which NJ will take).

As for Vegas, I don't understand going so much for one player for a first-year expansion team rather than building with three top-15 picks. I don't think they need a big name player to fill the arena in the early years: they've got both the novelty of a new team in the market, plus a market that should be a good draw for visiting fans (hell, I'm waiting for the schedule to come out this afternoon to see if a Vegas trip is possible for a Flyers game this coming season, and I don't really travel & have never been to Vegas)

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe

I gotta say I'd be very tempted by this offer. If Hextall can end up with any combination of these 3: Vilardi/ Glass/ Mittelstadt/ Suzuki/ Tippett he's probably laughing!

Heck, he could even trade the 13 & 15 pick up and move up to the top 10 and have two premium selections.

Having said that, I think Hextall only does this deal because they are some concerns over Patrick's health and/or the way he performed at the combine.

Should be a never racking 36 hrs!

Hell you could take 13 and 15 and package them to land a top 6 C

I think Vegas is crazy to consider the trade and Philly crazy not at the very least seriously consider it.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

If Vilardi or Glass "project" to be 60 point centers, and Patrick is a seen as a 70ish point center...would you not take another two picks in the top 15 to offset the marginal difference between #2 and #6?

By the balance of probabilities alone, you are likely to hit one home run when drafting 3 kids in the top 15.

Comment

Originally posted by AIK1891 View Post
                    First, I don't think I finally pull the trigger on any trade of the #2 until after NJ makes the #1 pick and, only then if there's some reason that I have questions about the player left that NJ didn't take (I think there's still enough uncertainty which NJ will take).

As for Vegas, I don't understand going so much for one player for a first-year expansion team rather than building with three top-15 picks. I don't think they need a big name player to fill the arena in the early years: they've got both the novelty of a new team in the market, plus a market that should be a good draw for visiting fans (hell, I'm waiting for the schedule to come out this afternoon to see if a Vegas trip is possible for a Flyers game this coming season, and I don't really travel & have never been to Vegas)
                    There's some discussion out there that NJ may go off the board and select Cale Makar. (In Bob McKenzie's last poll, one scout at Makar as the 1st overall). That would give the Flyers their choice of Hischier or Patrick, which would make me feel better about keeping the pick. When you look at the limited upside of both players and then factor in injuries, the Flyers would be silly not to consider it.

Depending on who they'd like at #6, they could take the unusual step of picking at #2 and waiting to trade until they see who is available at #6.
                    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Working...
                    X