Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Not directed at you...

It's interesting how this draft went from being "not very good" to having two guys destined for NHL greatness atop it.

Between Nolan's health and the idea that Nico may be better suited as a wing at the NHL level...I'm not as sold as a lot (and I mean a lot) of the folks out there are on the can't miss nature of the top 2.
    As far as I could tell the rhetoric was always "not very good" after the first two.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie

As far as I could tell the rhetoric was always "not very good" after the first two.
      My read was always that it was better at the top but kinda meh.

Since NJ and PHI win the lottery that talk has changed quite a bit with regard to Nico and Nolan...

Truthfully I think having looked more at it, there's a fair but of talent in the first round..just no McDavid/Matthews type studs

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

My read was always that it was better at the top but kinda meh.

Since NJ and PHI win the lottery that talk has changed quite a bit with regard to Nico and Nolan...

Truthfully I think having looked more at it, there's a fair but of talent in the first round..just no McDavid/Matthews type studs

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
        That sounds right. Frankly, I will not be upset no matter what they do unless they go way off the board and it seems like they could have gotten assets to drop down (e.g. Rubstov).
        "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

I'm in the same boat as others that haven't really focused on the 6-15 spots since we won the lottery. I don't know enough about this draft to know how much better Patrick / Hischier's ceilings are compared to the lower batch of guys starting at #6.

I don't know what next year's draft is projected to be like atm, but here's a scenario. If the front office was reasonably confident that they could get someone at #4 next year relatively comparable to the #2 this year I'd probably be okay with trading this years #2, a 3rd rounder, and a 4th rounder, for #6, #15, and vegas 1st round pick next year. Assuming vegas finishes last, that pick is #4 in next year's draft worse case scenario. Doubt Vegas would want to do that anyway, unless they desperately want one of patrick / hischier.
          Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
          Official Facebook
          Official Twitter

Comment

I keep the #2, just my $.02

Comment

I'm the wrong guy to ask. As a kid, I never wanted what Carol Merrill had behind the curtain...............

Comment

Not to be a winterhawks homer but I kind of doubt glass is available at #6. I've seen him play live here and he is definitely a good one.

It all depends on what the scouts think the ceiling of patrick/hischier is. If they think there's a much greater chance they become dominant forwards then the rest of the field (as seems to have been the pre-draft hype) then you've got to keep it. I would much rather get one 1C than three 2Cs. Its so much easier to fill in your bottom 9 F, bottom 4 D, backup G than your top 6 players. High picks typically yield dominant players and we aren't going to get another pick this high for a while.

Comment

In a down draft year, you take those 3 picks and run! Gives you 3 chances to possibly strike gold and this organization can use to build their depth...competition brings out the best in players!

I like Glass at #6 too!

Comment

Since I think we need scorers...

If Nolan is available at #2, I'd rather stay put and draft him. Based on the highlights he seems to have a really good shot: both slap shot and wrist shot.

I would love it if somehow Hexy could then find a way to trade up to get Tippett. He could package a pick with anyone at the NHL level except G, Jake, Provy, Ghost to get Tippett and I'd be happy.

Probably a dream, but that would give us two draftees with really good shots.

Comment

Originally posted by RustySkates View Post
                      If Nolan is available at #2, I'd rather stay put and draft him. Based on the highlights he seems to have a really good shot: both slap shot and wrist shot.I.
                      That kid hates water bottles!

Man, his highlights are nothing but top shelf. We probably couldn't come up with that collection if we took our top 6 forwards LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X