Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the Deals Begin...Eberle To NYI for Strome (and other trades)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the Deals Begin...Eberle To NYI for Strome (and other trades)

Well, it has begun as we approach the draft. The Islanders traded Ryan Strome to the Oilers for Jordan Eberle. Edmonton gets younger and cheaper, giving them some cap space which they'll use to keep their top players and improve.

Also, Vegas dealt two of the defensemen they picked in the expansion draft. Schlemko goes to Montreal for a 2019 5th rounder while Van Riemsdyk and a 7th go to the Hurricanes for a 2nd.

I expect to see a lot of activity over the next few days. We'll see if the Flyers get involved.
    Mike Barr, Founder

If someone told me a year ago Eberle would be traded for a 3rd line center, I would have laughed. How far the mighty have fallen.

Gotta think playing with Taveres will make this kid a 30 goal guy. Good move by NYI IMO. Seems like the Oilers are treating this as a salary dump.

On a side note, Kypreos was on the radio this morning and said the Flyers are looking for a "major shake up."

Kyper looking for material, or some truth behind it? Personally, Hextall doesn't strike me as a guy looking to do anything drastic. He's very pragmatic and as exciting as vanilla ice cream...Me thinks it's just "talking heads" doing their thing...

Comment

How does TVR have that type of value?

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post
        If someone told me a year ago Eberle would be traded for a 3rd line center, I would have laughed. How far the mighty have fallen.

Gotta think playing with Taveres will make this kid a 30 goal guy. Good move by NYI IMO. Seems like the Oilers are treating this as a salary dump.

On a side note, Kypreos was on the radio this morning and said the Flyers are looking for a "major shake up."

Kyper looking for material, or some truth behind it? Personally, Hextall doesn't strike me as a guy looking to do anything drastic. He's very pragmatic and as exciting as vanilla ice cream...Me thinks it's just "talking heads" doing their thing...
        trade two of simmonds/giroux/voracek please.

Comment

I don't get how they took someone off Sharks roster And flip for 5th in two years. Seems like a somewhat cap friendly number. Wasn't there anyone on the sharks roster worth more to them? Low probability that pick will amount to anything.

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
            I don't get how they took someone off Sharks roster And flip for 5th in two years. Seems like a somewhat cap friendly number. Wasn't there anyone on the sharks roster worth more to them? Low probability that pick will amount to anything.
            Here is what was available from the Sharks:

Available players
            Mikkel Boedker (F)
            Barclay Goodrow (F)
            Micheal Haley (F)
            Patrick Marleau (F)
            Buddy Robinson (F)
            Zack Stortini (F)
            Joe Thornton (F)
            Joel Ward (F)
            Dylan DeMelo (D)
            Brenden Dillon (D)
            Dan Kelly (D)
            Paul Martin (D)
            David Schlemko (D)
            Aaron Dell (G)
            Troy Grosenick (G)
            Harri Sateri (G)

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

trade two of simmonds/giroux/voracek please.
              Sure, let's get rid of any of those two, because we're such a competitive team anyway.

Comment

The return would be huge.
                Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

June 23 2011 Carter traded
                  June 23 2011 Richards traded
                  June 23 2012 Van Riemsdyk traded
                  June 23 2014 Hartnell traded
                  June 23 2017 ................?

Comment

I've had an eventful birthday.

Comment

Working...
                    X