Would you?! (Trade Schenn)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you?! (Trade Schenn)

Would you trade Schenn looking for a goalie or veteran D?

I would, if I could package him with MacDonald while retaining 2m of MacDs cap hit.

But moving Schenn (or Coots) has to include moving that contract too.

No.

Still don't think a valuable asset should be used to get rid of MacDonald and that's what this basically appears to be (veteran D isn't a need and goalies don't have that much value).

If you're retaining $2mil on MacDonald, you should be able to trade him for a mid round pick and mid-level prospect
    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2
      No.

Still don't think a valuable asset should be used to get rid of MacDonald and that's what this basically appears to be (veteran D isn't a need and goalies don't have that much value).

If you're retaining $2mil on MacDonald, you should be able to trade him for a mid round pick and mid-level prospect
      If you're looking for a real 3/4 dman you're going to pay a price.

Likewise if you want a tender that's better than the current options.

It's not about moving MacD, it's about adding quality..and to do that you have to move quality.

Comment

I wouldn't be interested in acquiring a goalie or vet d-man as a return for Schenn or Couts. We have some top notch goalie talents coming down the pipeline, so i'd prefer to sign a stop-gap goalie like Mason/Elliott/Bernier. And i don't believe we need a top-4 vet dman to make things work with the kids we have. I think picking up a f/a like Polak/Daley/Hainsey would work with minimal $$/term.

I'd love to get rid of MacDonald...but if Schenn or Couts are what it takes, then i want a top-6 forward in return (which i don't see happening).

Comment

BTW....i really like these "Would you..." threads. Thanks for creating dialogue Anth!

Comment

Honestly, I'm pretty open to trading anyone/everyone from this team (maybe not Provy & Simmer).

I definitely have a love-hate relationship with both Schenn and Coots. I'm all ears if someone calls...

Comment

Given your options Jinxie, I'm not sure I'd want to sell that low. I'd agree with the mobster in terms of options we already have there. Cooter is kinda needed for me in terms of where the Flyers are at the moment. Schenn would be my preference to go........if there's a viable reason to deal that materializes. I think he's hitting his head on his ceiling. That said; this off-season needs a bit more focus on what's going on up top. What IS Lindblom? Wish I could get that answered in my own mind before I got hasty...........

Comment

It would have to be a really good, younger goalie that we can keep long term. I have no problems rolling with Neuvy/Stolarz going into this season. There's no expectations this year, no point trading assets just because.

Comment

Probably...here's the thing with this pipeline of goalie talent we have. .none are sure fire. ..and we have already seen the org or Hak do not believe in Stolie e ought to give him a run thus year. ¬*And Neuvy is an injury waiting to happen¬*

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
                    Probably...here's the thing with this pipeline of goalie talent we have. .none are sure fire. ..and we have already seen the org or Hak do not believe in Stolie e ought to give him a run thus year. ¬*And Neuvy is an injury waiting to happen¬*
                    Who would you want back?

Comment

Working...
                    X