Would you?! (Trade Schenn)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
    so schenn and a salary dump for 2 1sts... as we covered our cap situation for the next two years isn't a big deal. However blues' first isn't likely to be worth much. Something like a #27 and #20 probably? Would have liked to have waited for a better deal, but its not horrible. Its the right idea, recycle the older forwards for youth while our blue chip D matures. However I feel like its unlikely we'll ever replace schenn's production with those two picks.

Good thing we have Weal to just slide right into schenn's spot guess everyone was right...
    400k savings, and another go nowhere defensive center...

An off the board pick at 27 as well...

This is a curious trade...what happens when playing with the fire power in StL opens Schenn up to break 30g...people should do a little more looking before buying the crap pushed on twitter and Facebook..they might be surprised at the balance of production since the Carter/Richards trades...things might not be as they seem..

I don;t mind the Schenn for 2 for 1sts, I mind the Lehtera and the off the board pick..

Wonder if we'll be judging Lehtera, Frost and whomever the sameway we judged LSchenn/JVR...

Comment

I'm hoping this isn't the only move as I really don't get taking on that much salary for a below average player.

In terms of two first for Schenn, I have no problem with it. Schenn produces but his play away from the puck is pretty terrible and he's very PP heavy when the teams 5 on 5 game is lacking. Neither of those issues were going away, so I'm fine moving on.

Both picks probably end up in the 20s, but I have tremendous confidence in their drafting in the later first round (even when they go way off board, like a lot of teams did in this draft)
      "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

I would have liked this deal more if the pick was that Finish sniper who fell to the Preds.

We'll need Lindblom or Patrick to make for the loss on the PP. Also...someone will need to pick up the lost sandpaper that Schenn brought with him.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
          I would have liked this deal more if the pick was that Finish sniper who fell to the Preds.
          Me too but I wonder whyTolvanen fell so much. Maybe there's something I don't see.

Comment

From twitter: Flyers get STL 1st round pick in 2018 with conditions. STL can keep it if it's in top-10. If Blues keep it, Flyers get '19 1st rder & a 3rd.
            Philadelphia Flyers #1
            Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
            The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Boy I'm really not feeling this. I liked Brayden and what he brought to the team, and all his teammates seemed to like him. This is a tough swallow.

Comment

Looking at Frost's predraft rankings...couldn't the Flyers have traded a 4th with their 2nd to up earlier in the 2nd? I hate seeing a reach in this type of scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post
                  I'm hoping this isn't the only move as I really don't get taking on that much salary for a below average player.

In terms of two first for Schenn, I have no problem with it. Schenn produces but his play away from the puck is pretty terrible and he's very PP heavy when the teams 5 on 5 game is lacking. Neither of those issues were going away, so I'm fine moving on.

Both picks probably end up in the 20s, but I have tremendous confidence in their drafting in the later first round (even when they go way off board, like a lot of teams did in this draft)
                  Since 2011-12 Arrival

Simmonds 86 ES 75 PP
                  Giroux 84 ES 44 PP
                  Voracek 83 ES 33 PP
                  Schenn 64 ES 45 PP
                  Couturier 63 ES 3 PP

I'm not trying to start some huge thread...but the guys over at BSH like Charlie have done an awesome job of crafting a false narrative about Schenn..mostly to protect Couturier...

And in 2016-17?

Voracek 15 ES 5 PP
                  Couturier 14ES 0 PP
                  Simmonds 13 ES 16 PP
                  Giroux 9 ES 5 PP
                  Schenn 8 ES 17 PP

Schenn and Simmonds only Flyers, at any position to score more than 5 PPGs.

Flyers scored 54 PP goals, 35 of them by Simmonds and Schenn...and ES scoring was the problem?

Comment

Where does Lehtera fit in? I'm not getting his involvement in this deal. Patrick is the 2C...Couts 3C. Could we pay our 4C $4mil? That doesn't seem to make sense.

Comment

I've read some good points out that there Lindblom, Konecny, and Patrick might end up taking PP time from Schenn and if that happens his value would plummet. Adds some perspective
                      "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Working...
                      X