Would you?! (Trade Schenn)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post
    I've read some good points out that there Lindblom, Konecny, and Patrick might end up taking PP time from Schenn and if that happens his value would plummet. Adds some perspective
    Doubtful, as again, last season Schenn and Simmonds were the only guys to produce on thePP...the 2nd unit is an absolute wasteland..there's a narrative to Schenn that folks have crafted...

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
      Where does Lehtera fit in? I'm not getting his involvement in this deal. Patrick is the 2C...Couts 3C. Could we pay our 4C $4mil? That doesn't seem to make sense.
      Giroux 1C, Patrick 2C/3C, Filp 2C/3C, Lehtera 4C...

Coots goes next...6 years for Schenn and Coots and they're both not quite what folks had hoped...

Flyers clear Filps 5m at the end of this year and lethtera's 4.7 at the end of next year.

instead of having 3 years of Schen at 5.125 and 5 years of Couturier at 4.333

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Doubtful, as again, last season Schenn and Simmonds were the only guys to produce on thePP...the 2nd unit is an absolute wasteland..there's a narrative to Schenn that folks have crafted...
        Schenn was exceptional when playing his role on the PP. There's no doubt about that.
        "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

I think Hextall has confirmed that he believes in Couturier and not that much in Schenn. There is little chance Couts is traded (at least not for about two-three years). That's how I see this.

Any chance Lehtera can be shipped out?

Comment

I think Hextall has confirmed that he believes in Couturier and not that much in Schenn. There is little chance Couts is traded (at least not for about two-three years). That's how I see this.

Serious question, what makes you think Hexy feels this way? I think people like to read biases into things. Saint Louis needed size, grit and scoring...Schenn gave them all of that...they were able to flip Reaves for a first round pick and potentially get the steal of the draft out of it as well...so they didn;t even lose their two first rounders in the deal...

Lehtera for Schenn isn;t really a shake up...something more is coming..and i doubt either Filp or Lehtera is enough to qualify as a tremor...

As for Lehtera..I suppose we could move him..if we toss in two first round picks and a conditonal third...seems like a lot tho...

Comment

He's like the forward version of MacDonald, if that answers your question.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit View Post

He's like the forward version of MacDonald, if that answers your question.
                Yeah, doesn't seem like he's moveable, especially with two years left. But I can see them flipping Filpula and having Lehtera as the replacement.
                "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Not sure how I feel about this deal. On the surface it sounds good (two 1st rounders), but we used one of them to go "off the board" and select a kid rated in the 30's or 40's. The 2nd pick is protected and we may not get to use until 2020.

On top of that, we took on a yet another crappy centre who could be around for another 2 years and lost one of of our better scorers. I know most of his production was on the PP, but those goals counted just as much as an ES or SH goal.

We also lose the little grit we had and still don't have any help on the wings or a tender. Although I've never been a big Schenn fan, frankly I thought we'd get something a little more tengabile for the guy.

A very 'meh' trade for me right now. Can't say that I'm excited about it TBH . Let's see if another shoe is about to drop.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post
                    Not sure how I feel about this deal. On the surface it sounds good (two 1st rounders), but we used one of them to go "off the board" and select a kid rated in the 30's or 40's. The 2nd pick is protected and we may not get to use until 2020.

On top of that, we took on a yet another crappy centre who could be around for another 2 years and lost one of of our better scorers. I know most of his production was on the PP, but those goals counted just as much as an ES or SH goal.

We also lose the little grit we had and still don't have any help on the wings or a tender. Although I've never been a big Schenn fan, frankly I thought we'd get something a little more tengabile for the guy.

A very 'meh' trade for me right now. Can't say that I'm excited about it TBH . Let's see if another shoe is about to drop.
                    the grit hurts double when StL turns around and flips Reeves to PGH

Stl traded the 27, 51st, Reeves, Lehtera and a protected 1st and conditional 3rd...

and got back Schenn and Kilm who could make the team this fall...and opened up about 700k in cap space...

Comment

I agree, a little confused, and even more so when you look at who the pick was used on. We're knee deep in Centers already, I would've thought a big physical Winger would've been more in order.

Comment

Working...
                      X