No announcement yet.

Nolan Patrick is a Flyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While I 100% agree with ELab, I think letting him go would be really beneficial if only from a confidence standpoint. I do feel he just isn't up to fitness though. You can see it mid way through shifts as he looks dogged, or along the boards when in battles. Long run he has the tools to be a fantastic hockey player on our team. His first year he just came to us as damaged goods unfortunately.

Comment

• IMO, the biggest mistake of the season was putting G/Coots/Voracek together as one line. Sure its a great one if the rest of the lineup has the talent to produce on their own. It doesn't. The idea that Patrick could break into the game as a second line center was a joke. It was asking too much of the kid. He's been pressing all season to live up to the move. He should be on the third line where he gets minutes that are sort of selective for him and his line mates.
      "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

• I don't know enough about CAN's roster ... would he be undisputed top line player with lots of ice time? (even some double shifting? PP1 and some PK as well?). Could serve as both confidence building and conditioning(?). Not that I'd expect it; has seemed a very rare move by NHL franshises historically.

Comment

• Originally posted by AIK1891 View Post
          I don't know enough about CAN's roster ... would he be undisputed top line player with lots of ice time? (even some double shifting? PP1 and some PK as well?). Could serve as both confidence building and conditioning(?). Not that I'd expect it; has seemed a very rare move by NHL franshises historically.
          He'd certainly be the man.

While I hear what Elab is saying, part of it has to be mental. I almost feel like he needs a bit of a reset and going away for 4-6 weeks might do him some good. Needs to rack up some points and get his mojo back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vedder
            While I 100% agree with ELab, I think letting him go would be really beneficial if only from a confidence standpoint. I do feel he just isn't up to fitness though. You can see it mid way through shifts as he looks dogged, or along the boards when in battles. Long run he has the tools to be a fantastic hockey player on our team. His first year he just came to us as damaged goods unfortunately.
            Which leads me to ponder ... why did they bother keeping him this year ?

I donít think he has warranted a full season here , given what little he has shown ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• As long as he doesn't have to deal with another injury, I am thinking he will look a hell of a lot better next season, maybe late this season. Think Giroux and Gostisbehere last season compared to this season, with the same type of injury recovery. Patrick is dealing with the same kind of post-surgery issues as them I am sure. Also having the "concussion" and well... He has the hands and vision, once he is comfortable again the Flyers have a good one.
              Last edited by Tim Kerr #12; 12-08-2017, 09:01 PM.
              Philadelphia Flyers #1
              Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
              The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

• Originally posted by Strohs72 View Post

Which leads me to ponder ... why did they bother keeping him this year ?

I donít think he has warranted a full season here , given what little he has shown ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I think he is gaining a lot of good experience that will translate into him being a better hockey player down the road. I don't think he has much to prove in junior anymore so I think it was still a good decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vedder View Post

I think he is gaining a lot of good experience that will translate into him being a better hockey player down the road. I don't think he has much to prove in junior anymore so I think it was still a good decision.
                  Agreed. His sophomore season is likely to be much stronger. Skilled as all get out. A year of maturity will serve him and us well.

Comment

• He's 19. Chill.

Comment

• What if part of the reason for keeping him up was to get a better grasp of his medical/health situation?

I'm not worried about Patrick. This is a throw away year. Year 2 and 3 are the story, imo.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X