Nolan Patrick is a Flyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thrilled!

Hoping this puts an end to the Couturier as 2C stuff...He's a great 3C...let him be that guy...

I'd like Simmonds playing with Patrick next season...keep folks in line.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
      Thrilled!

Hoping this puts an end to the Couturier as 2C stuff...He's a great 3C...let him be that guy...

I'd like Simmonds playing with Patrick next season...keep folks in line.
      Head scratcher moving Couturier from 3C. He was very good at 3C and the Flyers were (and are) a better team with him there. I don't care what they are paying him as, he clicked being the shutdown guy.
      Last edited by Tim Kerr #12; 06-23-2017, 09:16 PM.
      Philadelphia Flyers #1
      Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
      The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Very happy, will play right away

Comment

Agree Swami

Comment

3 things:

1). Ideal fit. My chief complaint about this team-and I mentioned it again to my brother yesterday, who agreed-the Flyers have become boring. They don't win the individual battles that decide games often enough for me. This kid can change that, if he stays healthy. Philly has always been a team who dominates based on the sum of its parts. Key cog acquired.

2). Vocal syntax-talks like a transformer. Hope he plays like one.

3). Was it me, or did this kid CLEARLY let everybody know he wanted no part of Jersey? Interviewers: "are you unhappy about not being the top pick?" Patrick" nope, nope -I'm good. Nico deserved it!" lol

Comment

And so it begins....as per Bill Meltzer:

Patrick had abdominal surgery on June 13 related to last season issues. 4-6 weeks out, no on ice work at dev camp.

Hextall said he felt better about drafting NP once there was clarity in what actual issue was

Hextall said Patrick will be fine for camp. Common sports hernia procedure

Hextall said NP was hurt last summer and issues lingered until June 13

NP will spend most of summer working out here once cleared

NP took own initiative to get the surgery done... saved 2 weeks of summer training.

Hextall said NP was playing thru issue after his return. Had procedure been done last summer, probably could have played all yr.

Hextall didn't bite when asked about NP making NHL next season

Comment

"Begins" how? The surgery was 10 days before the draft, they obviously knew and knew it would be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie View Post
                  "Begins" how? The surgery was 10 days before the draft, they obviously knew and knew it would be fine.
                  Fine as in, we're thrilled an injury prone kid is having another surgery? There's nothing fine about it....

We heard how long it took G to deal with it, and Ghost struggled as well.

The Flyers knowing about it doesn't really make it better. This isn't exactly a 2014 thing. It's from 3 weeks ago..

Comment

This is a nothing story...who would folks have drafted at 2 instead?

I gave a feeling Patrick won't be playing in a Stoopid international tourney like G and Gost did...which exacerbated the situation

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

I understanding where Axe is coming from...but we don't really have all the facts. And knowing this, its difficult to compare this to the procedures that G and Ghost had done to them. Maybe this is bad...but maybe the procedure will allow for Patrick to be healthy and not have to go through other difficulties that he could have encountered without this procedure being done.

I'm not going to read this in a completely negative or positive way...not until we have more details.

Comment

Working...
                      X