No announcement yet.

Nolan Patrick is a Flyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes injuries are just bad luck. Also glad they have learned, as we all have, and are being cautious.

Comment

Agree, I have no problem being cautious with a player of Patrick's caliber and potential.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
        Sometimes injuries are just bad luck. Also glad they have learned, as we all have, and are being cautious.
        A lot of bad luck = being injury prone.

The kid hasn't been able to stay healthy since he was a teenager. That was a major concern going into the draft.

9 games into his NHL career and he's already out with a concussion. Not practicing again today, and no return in sight.

We can dance around the subject, but the reality is he's injury prone, and that sucks big time...

This is the 2007 draft all over again. They get Kane/Hischier, we get JVR/Patrick....

I ****ing hate it, hate it....

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

This is the 2007 draft all over again. They get Kane/Hischier, we get JVR/Patrick....

In 2007 we were the worst team in the league and drafted second. That was the lottery gods crapping on us.

In 2016 we finished 17th and ending up drafting second. That was the lottery gods being kind. If Patrick had been available at 13, we would have snapped him up in a second. If there was a player we thought was more valuable, we could have taken them second overall and left Patrick for third. We made our choice and it's too early to call it a bad one less than six months removed.

I'm also not going to write a teenager off over two unrelated injuries (hernia/concussion). It might be that he has a career that ends up shortened due to injuries, but I'm not going to predict that out in advance off a situation like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit View Post

In 2007 we were the worst team in the league and drafted second. That was the lottery gods crapping on us.

In 2016 we finished 17th and ending up drafting second. That was the lottery gods being kind. If Patrick had been available at 13, we would have snapped him up in a second. If there was a player we thought was more valuable, we could have taken them second overall and left Patrick for third. We made our choice and it's too early to call it a bad one less than six months removed.

I'm also not going to write a teenager off over two unrelated injuries (hernia/concussion). It might be that he has a career that ends up shortened due to injuries, but I'm not going to predict that out in advance off a situation like this.
            I agree we lucked out in many ways. It just sucks that the gap between 1 and 2 will likely be significant once again...The more I look back, the more I believe the rumours that Hextall was listening to offers and was willing to trade down...

As for his injuries, it's not just the hernias and concussion. Read up on his history. He's been plagued by shit since he was 13.

http://assets1.sportsnet.ca/wp-conte...PATRICK-05.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

A lot of bad luck = being injury prone.

The kid hasn't been able to stay healthy since he was a teenager. That was a major concern going into the draft.

9 games into his NHL career and he's already out with a concussion. Not practicing again today, and no return in sight.

We can dance around the subject, but the reality is he's injury prone, and that sucks big time...

You need some chill pills in your life.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie View Post

You need some chill pills in your life.
                "Well, the Jerk Store called, and they're running out of you."

Comment

Pretty chirpy around here. Refs better start handing out some penalties or they are going to lose control of this one.

Comment

I'm just happy the flyers are treating it seriously! not too long ago he'd be back out there and be one hit from his career being truly in danger. remember lindros, pronger, etc? we've actually learned from our mistakes.

Comment

If the Flyers had learned their lesson, Patrick would not have been practicing the morning after having to be helped down the tunnel to the locker room.

Comment

Working...
                      X