Nolan Patrick is a Flyer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
    If the Flyers had learned their lesson, Patrick would not have been practicing the morning after having to be helped down the tunnel to the locker room.
    non-contact practice is not a real threat for re-injury.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

I believe right after the injury he was practicing in full with the team...

He was scheduled to play against the Leafs that weekend (4 days after the hit), and that's when all the bs started...

Personally, if I ran a club with multi-million dollar investments/players, I'd shut everyone down for 48 hrs if they leave a game with a concussion. No practice, no flying, no nothing.

This club never seems to learn...

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

I believe right after the injury he was practicing in full with the team...

He was scheduled to play against the Leafs that weekend (4 days after the hit), and that's when all the bs started...

Personally, if I ran a club with multi-million dollar investments/players, I'd shut everyone down for 48 hrs if they leave a game with a concussion. No practice, no flying, no nothing.

This club never seems to learn...
        well nevertheless he HAS been kept out for a while, so something has been learned no?

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe

A lot of bad luck = being injury prone.

The kid hasn't been able to stay healthy since he was a teenager. That was a major concern going into the draft.

9 games into his NHL career and he's already out with a concussion. Not practicing again today, and no return in sight.

We can dance around the subject, but the reality is he's injury prone, and that sucks big time...

This is the 2007 draft all over again. They get Kane/Hischier, we get JVR/Patrick....

I ****ing hate it, hate it....
          Don’t mention the 2007 draft again please ...

Oh and remember we are the Flyers ... we ate our young for breakfast back then... had we actually drafted Kane, we would’ve traded him before he became an NHL superstar ... lol

Ahhh ... life as a flyer fan ... it’s tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

The issue isn't about contact. It's about physical activity. Almost all of the experts say that concussion victims should not have physical activity shortly after the concussion. They need to be shut down. And for Patrick they should have shut him down for at least 24 hours just to be safe. That physical activity in that practice may have caused the symptoms to worsen and may have cost him extra games. It just wasn't a prudent decisions IMO.

Comment

Per.the Inquirer, Hexy hopes to have him playing by Tues. He has been ramping up work and will start practicing with the team.

Comment

http://www.orangeandblack.net/philly...n-thread/page4

Philadelphia Flyers #1
                Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Dave Isaac
                  Nolan Patrick says he’s feeling better but it’s up to the coaching and training staffs when he can do more. Got bag skated hard the last two days. Sounds like he may make the trip, but Flyers off tomorrow so next practice is Monday.
                  Philadelphia Flyers #1

Comment

Flyers say Nolan Patrick’s long recovery never had setback
                    PHILADELPHIA — Nolan Patrick plopped down in his locker stall, put a towel over his head and took a minute for himself.

Or maybe he meant to put it around his neck and couldn’t quite complete the job due to the exhaustion. Saturday morning marked the fourth time in five days he was put through the ringer in non-stop skating, what the players call a “bag skate.”

“I’m tired now, but feeling good,” Patrick said.

“I think anyone that’s going to be doing that skate is going to be sucking a bit of wind there at the end, but I felt good out there. Legs felt pretty good.”

He hasn’t played since Oct. 24 after a shoulder-to-shoulder hit that was hard enough it caused his head to bounce off the glass. While the Flyers haven’t confirmed the diagnosis, the injury seems to be a concussion.

The Flyers hope that he will practice with his teammates Monday. Patrick hasn’t been on the ice every day, but he was on the ice the day after the hit and still isn’t facing an imminent return.

There’s been no setbacks,” general manager Ron Hextall said. “Obviously there hasn’t been enough progress or he’d have been playing. There’s been no setbacks, but he’s been on the ice a week or 10 days now on and off by himself.”

“You think you’re ready to go, but you’ve got to listen to your body,” Patrick said. “Obviously I want to play every night, but you’ve got to listen to your body as much as you can....”

Full article:
                    http://www.courierpostonline.com/sto...ack/855662001/
                    Philadelphia Flyers #1

Comment

A no news is good news article

Comment

Working...
                      X