No announcement yet.

Who is Morgan Frost? (Yes, they would!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. Maybe they all agreed it was a reach.

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

That's super funny. That was apparently in relation to the game against the Caps where everything went to hell and Emery beat up Holtby.

A lot of teams went off the board in the first round, I trust the Flyers when they do that.
      So will he get an icy reception and cold shoulder from the fans?

Comment

must have been a pre-arranged understanding with the blues rite? i wonder if it was "we'll do the trade if our guy is still there". you dont have much time to make a deal like that spontaneously at the table. not when key players are involved.

Comment

There was obviously an interest in him early and a plan to make the move. Let's hope they are all right.

Comment

For everyone worried that we went "off the board" with this pick, I think it's important to point out Jeff Carter was considered a huge reach at the time. It's hard to find this stuff online anymore, but iirc he was rated in the late 20's or early 30's among North American skaters by central scouting when we took him 10th or 11th overall. The later the draft goes the more you're going to see a difference of opinion on where these kids should be selected. And if it makes you feel better, the kid they took at 35 was ranked higher than 27th in the rankings I've looked at.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
              must have been a pre-arranged understanding with the blues rite? i wonder if it was "we'll do the trade if our guy is still there". you dont have much time to make a deal like that spontaneously at the table. not when key players are involved.
              The guys on NHL tonight said that St Louis wanted that goalie that Dallas moved up to 26 to get him. Otto something?
              since the blues lost out on him, I think that triggered this deal.

Comment

I'm fine with where they got him, he will be forever linked to Schenn, but you are moving up to take a specific player then you're kinda locked into the slot of the team willing to deal so looking at his slotted spot its within that range -- maybe on the top end side. Isaac Ratcliffe was slotted to go bottom 1st and top 2nd so if you have a problem with the slotting then we can just switch the two. LOL

Originally posted by salzy View Post
                For everyone worried that we went "off the board" with this pick, I think it's important to point out Jeff Carter was considered a huge reach at the time. It's hard to find this stuff online anymore, but iirc he was rated in the late 20's or early 30's among North American skaters by central scouting when we took him 10th or 11th overall. The later the draft goes the more you're going to see a difference of opinion on where these kids should be selected. And if it makes you feel better, the kid they took at 35 was ranked higher than 27th in the rankings I've looked at.
                To salzy's point Gagne and Forsberg were also considered reaches, Forsberg was taken at 6 when considered an outside shot at getting into the end of the 1st round. I could see if this was a 4th rounder going in the 2nd or a 5th going in the 3rd but a kid slotted at the top of the 2nd round cant complain.
                Last edited by iceman42; 06-25-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

My memory isn't good on the specifics, but in general, seems the board has more often then not crapped on the picks (not as much in recent years though). I recall a lot of bellyaching in 2003 with those picks, yet I don't remember if it was one of them or both. The best draft analysis was when one member tried to convince everyone that Crosby wouldn't amount to shit in the NHL.

​​​

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
                    My memory isn't good on the specifics, but in general, seems the board has more often then not crapped on the picks (not as much in recent years though). I recall a lot of bellyaching in 2003 with those picks, yet I don't remember if it was one of them or both. The best draft analysis was when one member tried to convince everyone that Crosby wouldn't amount to shit in the NHL.

​​​
                    Lol... yep good ol jimbo.... wanted to bet me $10,000. Should've taken that bet eh!?

Comment

While I think Frost was just a bit of a reach, Radcliffe was a steal. I think theres at least three nhlers in this draft for us.

Some of the other picks are going to be sink or swim guys, top 6 forward or a non-nhler, but adding:

Patrick
                      Frost
                      Radcliffe

to other very good prospects in:

Rubtsov
                      Laberge
                      Allison

is a real good forward prospect corps, we haven't had since I remember.

Add in that Koneckny, Laughton, Lindblom are all (almost) rookies, that's a lot of youth and talent.

With Gotisbehere, Provo, Sanheim, Hagg, Myers on defense and Hart, Sandtsrom, etc... in goal theres a lot more to get excited about with this team than in the last few years.

Its nice to see a VERY full prospect pool that has versatily, like some forwards with speed and playmakers, some forwards with size and shooting ability, etc...

Comment

Working...
                      X