No announcement yet.

Would You?! (Be Unhappy if..)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are the stats for Couturier. They suck, like him..... Unless he's a 3rd or 4th liner. These stats are probably him as a 2nd liner.... Ugh

Year.................. GP.. . G..... A.. .. PTS
    2011-2012 PHI 77 13 14 27
    2012-2013 PHI 46 4 11 15
    2013-2014 PHI 82 13 26 39
    2014-2015 PHI 82 15 22 37
    2015-2016 PHI 63 11 28 39
    2016-2017 PHI 66 14 20 34
    Last edited by Hattrix; 06-25-2017, 11:20 AM.
    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Those are actually respectable stats for a second liner when you take gp into account. Nothing special, just respectable. Kid always seems to be either injured or recovering from an injury though... so it makes it tough to say if we've seen his best hockey or if we ever will.

Comment

Yuk.... I'm so not a fan.
        Slow
        plays small
        not a goal scorer
        Not an assist guy
        Not a big hitter

​​​​​I'm sure most know that I have an acute disliking of Couturier (as anything more than a 10 minute a night 3rd line and PK guy)
        "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by salzy View Post
          Those are actually respectable stats for a second liner when you take gp into account. Nothing special, just respectable. Kid always seems to be either injured or recovering from an injury though... so it makes it tough to say if we've seen his best hockey or if we ever will.
          This is objectively true. Not to say he's not better as the 3rd option, but on a ppg basis he's produces like a mid level second liner. People tend to have a seriously outsized view of what they should expect from second liners.
          "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

This is objectively true. Not to say he's not better as the 3rd option, but on a ppg basis he's produces like a mid level second liner. People tend to have a seriously outsized view of what they should expect from second liners.
            Can we look at Schenn through this lens too?

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Can we look at Schenn through this lens too?
              Of course. I think Schenn, purely on points, produces like a first liner.

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

Of course. I think Schenn, purely on points, produces like a first liner.
                Confirmed.

Of forwards with more than 20 games played, Schenn ranked 72nd in points per game. Couturier ranked 154th. (On the premise that 1-90 are 1st liners and 91-180 are second liners).

Comment

I wouldn't be upset at all if we moved Coots, sure he's effective defensively, but how long until we see that "untapped offensive talent" he supposedly has? If he can be a part of getting us a good goaltender, I'm all for it.

Comment

My question: what could we get for Couturier?

Comment

Coyotes got a first and a second for hanzal who is similar, but older, more expensive and with worse offensive numbers.

Comment

Working...
                      X