X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Night Postmortem

To sum it up:

OUT: Schenn
    IN: Patrick, Lehtera, Frost, 2018/19 First, (2020 Third)

That's good, no matter how you slice it, how you feel about individual pieces.

---

Questions that pop up.

1: Does Patrick's arrival end the attempt to make Couturier a scoring line center?

2: Did the Flyers just send the Blues a Jeff Carter? A guy who takes the next step elsewhere?

3: Can the Blues use the Backes playbook and redefine the storyline on Schenn out of Philly?

4: Lehtera is 29 with 218 Games Played, 30 career goals and 100 points. Is that a problem?

5: Is Hextall done shaking up the roster? What's left to add and how?

6. Did the Flyers waste the 1st they got for Schenn reaching for Frost.

Comment

Originally posted by hellfish21 View Post
      I will admit to some surprise they didn't take a uh..."flyer" on the Eel.

Comment

Flyers traded up for: Isaac Ratcliffe (LW) 6' 6" 200 lbs, big mean and tough with skill.
        Philadelphia Flyers #1
        Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
        The rest of the 28 teams can KMA!

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Kerr #12 View Post
          Flyers traded up for: Isaac Ratcliffe (LW) 6' 6" 200 lbs, big mean and tough with skill.
          If he can skate I like him already ! #winthewall.

Comment

Originally posted by hellfish21 View Post
            I don't think it was a reach. He was trending up already, and most of the scouts had him at the very top of the 2nd round. We got a guy slotted where he was projected along with an NHLer & extra 1st round round pick next year or the year after.
            "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

I'll answer then Jeff Carter question "No."

he may have some better goal scoring years, but he very clearly does not have the head to improve his 5 on 5 play, defense, or play away from the puck.

Meltzer referenced today that he maintains he wants to play center, but he clearly can't successfully at this level.

Carter was a good defensive player and smart away from the puck
              "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

I think if we are looking to add a someone like Justin Williams as a vet to help with the youngsters than I'm good with getting rid of schenn especially since we got 2 1st's back. I predict Williams and bernier will be flyers and wouldn't be surprised to see Coots go as well.
                sigpic

Comment

I love the way the book is written about Schenn by the same folks who continue to make excuses for Couturier's stunted development.

Folks should look at Backes first 6 years in the league..

Then they should look at what the Blues have used at center. If Lehtera can center Tarasenko...Schenn will be fine.

When Schenn goes 30/30 he won't get credit from the same folks who still think JVR is legit..

I am happy with the trade...I am amazed by the story written about Schenn that is demonstrably false using the most basic numbers

Last edited by Rev_Bully; 06-24-2017, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Kerr #12 View Post
                    I love that pick, let's hope he's not a Klotz.

Comment

Working...
                    X