No announcement yet.

Draft Night Postmortem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Hexy did alright considering the draft is not a loaded one. We got a little deeper IMO and it sucks to lose Schenn but I think he excells in St Louis. Goaltending is once again an issue in Philly lol.
    Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
      Goaltending is once again an issue in Philly lol.
      better to deal with the problems we're all familiar with rather than the one's we're not I guess...
      "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Well Hexy took One goalie, one D, and the rest were forwards.

Comment

Leaving the Schenn trade aside, a lot of people said the Flyers had a strong draft.

The view was Hextall acquired 3 first round "talents" in Patrick, Frost, and Ratcliffe...while Strome was seen as a great 4th rd selection who was earlier in the year viewed as a potential 1st or 2nd rounder.

Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post
            Leaving the Schenn trade aside, a lot of people said the Flyers had a strong draft.

The view was Hextall acquired 3 first round "talents" in Patrick, Frost, and Ratcliffe...while Strome was seen as a great 4th rd selection who was earlier in the year viewed as a potential 1st or 2nd rounder.

Time will tell.
            Agree, very good draft...big draft too...went with size in a lot of picks...

Comment

6. Did the Flyers waste the 1st they got for Schenn?

One day removed from the draft I think giving the benefit of the doubt to the same decision makers who picked Sanheim "potentially" too high, who traded up to pick Konecny "who was supposed to go higher, but who was passed over", and who, according to Hexy, "all agreed" on them Frost pick makes sense. Of course, Frost could be a bust, but Hexy and his team seem to have done a nice job on draft day the last few years; particularly on these mid to late first rounders. I'll wait and see on Rubstov, who had an unusual year given his situation in Russia and his injuries in the "Q". However, the reports of the games he did play in North America were very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Agree, very good draft...big draft too...went with size in a lot of picks...
                Size and skill.

Isaac Ratcliffe has some dirty dirty hands around the net for a guy that size.

"Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

hope everyone is prepared for Mason to return..because that is who i think our goalie will be..him or Bernier

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

Size and skill.

Isaac Ratcliffe has some dirty dirty hands around the net for a guy that size.
                    What I love about his shots is they are almost all targeted for the corners...something the current Flyers roster could use, as they mainly seem to aim for the middle of the goalies chest!

Comment

I like the draft, even if Patrick isnt playing here next season. I think he did a good mix of grabbing kids around where they should have been drafted and stashing a few potential boom/bust players later. Its a shame loosing Schenn but I think with Patrick and Lindblom they are going to need to make room and I think they got a PEB replacement and two 1st round picks. I kinda think Couturier might be next out the door -- hes kinda stagnated and at 24 might have hit his ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                      X