2017-18 Projected Line Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017-18 Projected Line Up

Sammy boy did an article on the projected lines and I'm thinking he's probably not far off..

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...-20170626.html

For those of you who are too lazy to read, here's what he's proposed:

TK - Giroux - Jake
    Lindblom - Patrick - Simmer
    Weal - Couts - Filp
    Lehtera - Laughton/Vecchione - Weise

Provy - MacD
    Gudas - Hagg
    Ghost - Morin
    Manning

Neuvy + ?

What's interesting in all of this is that there is no room for guys like Read ($3.625) and Raffl ($2.35). As well, our bottom feeders Lehtera ($4.7), Filppula ($5M), Weise ($2.35M) and MacD ($5M) are making a healthy salary.

We've got about $23M tied up in healthy scratches and/or marginal NHL talent. This team can't 'turn-over' fast enough.

The interesting thing to me about the dead weight is with the exception of MacD all that dead weight has been signed or aquired by Hexy now. Its getting harder and harder to blame Homer for our cap situation.

Comment

Weal, most likely will not be back. So my guess the forwards look something like this ...

Konecny-Giroux-Simmonds
      Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
      Filpulla-Couturier-Weise
      Lehtera-Vecchione-Read
      Read

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
        Weal, most likely will not be back. So my guess the forwards look something like this ...
        Have you heard something that i haven't? Is there another team that has shown interest in him?

Comment

Originally posted by jec6 View Post
          The interesting thing to me about the dead weight is with the exception of MacD all that dead weight has been signed or acquired by Hexy now. Its getting harder and harder to blame Homer for our cap situation.
          I give him a pass on Filp. He's a UFA after this year, so he'll be off the books. Also, our window to "win it all" is still 2-4 years away. Lehtera will be gone in 2, Read after this year. My biggest frustration with Hexy so far has been the Weise deal. Maybe he'll play a full a season the way he finished this past one out; but at this point in the game, we've grossly overpaid on him.
          "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450

Have you heard something that i haven't? Is there another team that has shown interest in him?
            Something like a dozen suitors..don't think Hex wants to overpay.

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post

http://www.tsn.ca/pending-ufa-weal-e...nucks-1.789123

Pending free agent Jordan Weal is making the rounds ahead of free agency July 1, and the North Vancouver native is expected to visit the Vancouver Canucks.
              TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger reports there have been more than a dozen calls on Weal, so he may be taking a number of visits.

The 25-year-old Weal played in 23 games for the Philadelphia Flyers this year, registering eight goals and four assists.

Weal was drafted in the third round in 2010 by the Los Angeles Kings.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
                Konecny-Giroux-Simmonds
                Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
                Filpulla-Couturier-Weise
                Lehtera-Vecchione-Read
                Read
                BTW...your top 9 is exactly how i see things falling, if Weal isn't included in the equation. For the 4th line, i'm expecting Laughton to be our 4C and Raffl playing the wing with Vecchione joining Read on the bench.

If Weal signs, then i'd expect the following:

Konecny-Giroux-Simmonds
                Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
                Weal-Couturier-Weise
                Filpulla-Laughton-Raffl
                Bench: Lehtera & Read (Vecchione to the AHL)

Comment

No way i'm over-paying for Weal. If another team wants to go that route, good luck to them. To me, the term should not be more than 3yrs (i'd prefer 2) and the cap hit shouldn't exceed $2M.

Comment

I'd try starting with something like:
                    Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
                    Konecny-Patrick-Simmonds
                    Filpulla-Couturier-Weise
                    Lehtera-Laughton-Read

Provy - MacD
                    Hagg - Gudas
                    Morin - Ghost
                    Manning

Neuvy + ?

Don't really love how that bottom 6 goes together. Could also try Flip on the top LW spot and build a defensively responsible line around Lindblom/Couturier.

Comment

Working...
                    X