No announcement yet.

2017-18 Projected Line Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We've got way too many bottom 6 forwards. Something has to give since you can only stash 1 contract in the AHL.

Comment

Originally posted by smkruzik View Post

I give him a pass on Filp. He's a UFA after this year, so he'll be off the books. Also, our window to "win it all" is still 2-4 years away. Lehtera will be gone in 2, Read after this year. My biggest frustration with Hexy so far has been the Weise deal. Maybe he'll play a full a season the way he finished this past one out; but at this point in the game, we've grossly overpaid on him.
      Weise seems to have stretches where he plays well and scores in bunches. He had a few good 15-20 game periods where he plays well and gets fans really excited. A few years ago he started the season hot and everyone thought he was a 30 goal scorer, then it dried up. A good bottom six guy

Comment

Originally posted by jec6 View Post
        The interesting thing to me about the dead weight is with the exception of MacD all that dead weight has been signed or aquired by Hexy now. Its getting harder and harder to blame Homer for our cap situation.
        No offense man, but this may be news to you; we are no longer in cap hell.

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe

No offense man, but this may be news to you; we are no longer in cap hell.
          Who's selling that and what's the definition?

Flyers haven't been in total hell for a few years...but the cap is still a mess...

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Who's selling that and what's the definition?

Flyers haven't been in total hell for a few years...but the cap is still a mess...
            Is it a mess?
            it is a work in progress, I will give you that. Compared to where we were 3 years ago, I'd say we have some breathing room.
            Do we have enough cash to get a stopgap goalie and maybe a D player? I'd say that is the definition.

Comment

Originally posted by phillymac14 View Post
              Weal, most likely will not be back. So my guess the forwards look something like this ...

Konecny-Giroux-Simmonds
              Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
              Filpulla-Couturier-Weise
              Lehtera-Vecchione-Read
              Read
              would be my early preference as Weal-I mean well.

Comment

So, I'm guessing it's too hard to trade Read for a 4th or 5th rounder to remove his large cap hit. Also to hard to do the same with Raffl?
                With those two gone Hexy can sign Weal (to fill Read's place .... younger and cheaper for the same or better output?)
                "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post
                  So, I'm guessing it's too hard to trade Read for a 4th or 5th rounder to remove his large cap hit. Also to hard to do the same with Raffl?
                  With those two gone Hexy can sign Weal (to fill Read's place .... younger and cheaper for the same or better output?)
                  Read's Cap Hit is 3m, if Weal is going to come in cheaper than that, there's room under the cap to do it now...

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Read's Cap Hit is 3m, if Weal is going to come in cheaper than that, there's room under the cap to do it now...
                    I also finding interesting that Hexy has no issue pissing away nearly $10M on Lehtera the next 2 years, but will likely lose Weal over a few hundred grand...

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post
                      c
                      I also finding interesting that Hexy has no issue pissing away nearly $10M on Lehtera the next 2 years, but will likely lose Weal over a few hundred grand...
                      That's said as if he signed Lehtera to that deal. He took Lehtera because he was getting two firsts, and, in doing so, he also added a small amount of cap space.

Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
                      Konecny-Patrick-Simmonds
                      Raffl-Couturier-Weise
                      Lehtera-Filpulla-Laughton
                      Read
                      Leier

If they could move one of Filpulla, Lehtera, or Read for very little back (more for Filpulla, but still mostly a dump), they should to give more cap flexibility. If they moved Filpulla I'd slot Vecchione into the lineup on the 4th line.

On Weal, it sounds like the Flyers will have a lot of competition to sign him and he'd have more competition for ice time on the Flyers that many other teams, so I don't expect him to be back
                      "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Working...
                      X