2017-18 Projected Line Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

That's said as if he signed Lehtera to that deal. He took Lehtera because he was getting two firsts, and, in doing so, he also added a small amount of cap space.
    Agreed. But he did sign Weise to $2.35 and appears to be placing little "value" on Weal.

Look, I don't think Weal is going to light up, but it wouldn't shock me one bit if he potted 20 this year. What's the value of a 25 y/o that can score 20? (2nd rd pick?) Hexy will eat horrible contracts to acquire picks, but will likely let one of his "own picks" walk away cause he's nickel and diming...

I know the kid only played 20+ games, but I saw a few interesting stats on him:

- led the team with 2.19 pts per 60 min played
    - led the team in 1.46 goals per game per 60 min played
    - led the team in shooting percentage
    - led the team in Corsi-rating

We've pissed away lots of money on scrubs, how much of a gap could there possibly be to bring this kid back?

Comment

Does anyone here think Sanheim has a good shot to make the team?
      i see so little of him on anyone's D pairing.

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post
        Does anyone here think Sanheim has a good shot to make the team?
        i see so little of him on anyone's D pairing.
        I think most assume Hagg and Morin are ahead of Sanheim on the depth chart simply because of Hagg and Morin getting called up at the end of the season and Sanheim not getting one. I think only 2 rookies are making the NHL roster to start the season, but there is certainly a chance Sanheim jumps one of them.

Myers just coming out of juniors I think would have to look far superior to all the other guys to have a chance to skip the phantoms.
        Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
        Official Facebook
        Official Twitter

Comment

I fail to see why losing Weal would be such a terrible thing. Aren't we full of middling type guys? If he stays or goes it's no big deal.
          Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
            I fail to see why losing Weal would be such a terrible thing. Aren't we full of middling type guys? If he stays or goes it's no big deal.
            I think concept being he's a middling guy with upside. That said, I'm not real concerned
            "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Leier takes Weal's spot

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by evee1234 View Post
                I don't think Weal would necessarily sustain the success that he had when he came up for the last part of the season last year, but for people that want to play that game the numbers are quite impressive, and should give pause to letting him walk away over some nickel and diming...

3 players had 8 goals this year, and Weal got there a lot quicker than the others...

Raffl 52 GP 8 Goals
                Weise 64 GP 8 Goals
                Weal 23 GP 8 Goals

If you want to prorate Weal's goal count if he had played 81 games at that pace then he has a 28 goal season, putting him 2nd on the team in goals behind only Simmonds.

I'm not going to be too disappointed this summer if he's not resigned, but if he pots 25 goals for some team next year with somewhere around a 2 mil cap hit its gonna be hard not to be annoyed.
                Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                Official Facebook
                Official Twitter

Comment

It looked to me like Wiese was coming around the last month of the season. I criticized him heartily last year, but I think he'll improve a lot this year over last.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post

I don't think Weal would necessarily sustain the success that he had when he came up for the last part of the season last year, but for people that want to play that game the numbers are quite impressive, and should give pause to letting him walk away over some nickel and diming...

3 players had 8 goals this year, and Weal got there a lot quicker than the others...

Raffl 52 GP 8 Goals
                    Weise 64 GP 8 Goals
                    Weal 23 GP 8 Goals

If you want to prorate Weal's goal count if he had played 81 games at that pace then he has a 28 goal season, putting him 2nd on the team in goals behind only Simmonds.

I'm not going to be too disappointed this summer if he's not resigned, but if he pots 25 goals for some team next year with somewhere around a 2 mil cap hit its gonna be hard not to be annoyed.

Wait..wait...

If we're being fair....Weise scored 6 of his 8 goals in his final 14 games, which if you prorate...makes him a 35 goal scorer over 82 games..

And Raffl scored 6 of his 8 goals in his first 20 games...which if you prorate makes him a 25 goal scorer...

so...I'm not really buying the pro-rate thing...

Hell....Colin McDonald prorates to a 27 goal scorer over a full season..what with his 1 goal in 3 games...

Comment

Would anyone be interested in the Flyers signing Chris Neil to protect our skilled players (and rookies) from dirty players like Malkin, T.Wilson, etc? He'd definitely wouldn't participate in many games...but could be a good counter to some other idiots out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X