2017-18 Projected Line Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
    Would anyone be interested in the Flyers signing Chris Neil to protect our skilled players (and rookies) from dirty players like Malkin, T.Wilson, etc? He'd definitely wouldn't participate in many games...but could be a good counter to some other idiots out there.
    I'd rather carry Goulbourne...

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

I'd rather carry Goulbourne...
      Agree, Neil barely got a look in durinbg the senators playoff run. Were a bit too small, but just have to wait for morin, Radcliffe, Allison, ? to arrive

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Wait..wait...

If we're being fair....Weise scored 6 of his 8 goals in his final 14 games, which if you prorate...makes him a 35 goal scorer over 82 games..

And Raffl scored 6 of his 8 goals in his first 20 games...which if you prorate makes him a 25 goal scorer...

so...I'm not really buying the pro-rate thing...

Hell....Colin McDonald prorates to a 27 goal scorer over a full season..what with his 1 goal in 3 games...
        I don't think Weal actually would have scored 28, but people can still play the what if game since he wasn't playing. Weise and Raffl actually played a bunch of NHL games that season, Weal did not. That's the difference for people that want to look at it that way.

I'd prefer to take a chance on him if its somewhere around 2 mil a year. I think he should be expected to put up more than 15 goals. I'm not sure I think Raffl or Weise would do that, and I don't think Read would. But we'll just have to see what happens.
        Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
        Official Facebook
        Official Twitter

Comment

That is a lottery team if I ever saw one. Trade Giroux, bring in Draisitl. Get some more younger depth for this team.

Comment

Originally posted by power foward View Post
            That is a lottery team if I ever saw one. Trade Giroux, bring in Draisitl. Get some more younger depth for this team.
            Giroux has a NMC, making it even harder to move his contract. Draisaitl will not be worth whatever contract he gets if its with a team other than Edmonton.
            Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
            Official Facebook
            Official Twitter

Comment

Not sure if you're trolling...but i haven't seen much from you other than the desire to trade G. Maybe you can move on to another point since he's not going any where right now.

Comment

Why would a lottery team offersheet someone? We would be losing our upcoming 1st, 2nd and 3rd then in a year where the picks will be high in an allegedly deep draft.

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

That's said as if he signed Lehtera to that deal. He took Lehtera because he was getting two firsts, and, in doing so, he also added a small amount of cap space.

Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
                  Konecny-Patrick-Simmonds
                  Raffl-Couturier-Weise
                  Lehtera-Filpulla-Laughton
                  Read
                  Leier

If they could move one of Filpulla, Lehtera, or Read for very little back (more for Filpulla, but still mostly a dump), they should to give more cap flexibility. If they moved Filpulla I'd slot Vecchione into the lineup on the 4th line.

On Weal, it sounds like the Flyers will have a lot of competition to sign him and he'd have more competition for ice time on the Flyers that many other teams, so I don't expect him to be back
                  Revising for Weal:

Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
                  Konecny-Patrick-Simmonds
                  Weal-Couturier-Weise
                  Raffl-Filpulla-Laughton
                  Lehtera
                  Read

I've got to think they try very very hard to trade one of Filpulla, Lehtera, or Read. $13.3mil for you 12th 13th and 14th forward is totally insane even if we don't actually need to clear cap space.
                  "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

Revising for Weal:

Lindblom-Giroux-Voracek
                    Konecny-Patrick-Simmonds
                    Weal-Couturier-Weise
                    Raffl-Filpulla-Laughton
                    Lehtera
                    Read

I've got to think they try very very hard to trade one of Filpulla, Lehtera, or Read. $13.3mil for you 12th 13th and 14th forward is totally insane even if we don't actually need to clear cap space.
                    its not when you consider without filps and lehtera we dont get the 4 picks back!

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

its not when you consider without filps and lehtera we dont get the 4 picks back!
                      Not complaining about the trades. I liked them both, just think they should try to clean it up now.
                      "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Working...
                      X