No announcement yet.

2017-18 Projected Line Up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking at the roster, i feel we are making a mistake by looking at this in a traditional First, Second, Third and Fourth line way. We don't have the untouchables anymore...the least skilled players on this roster are MUCH better than what those guys brought to the Flyers. There is no doubt that it would be great to get rid of Lehtera (i'm in favor of keeping Filpulla until the trade deadline...his versatility is really valuable),Read or Weise...but if Hexy can't, i'm looking forward to watching some guys in the bottom 3 actually put up some offence.

On a side note, IF Hexy does acquire another forward (i'm assuming he won't target any dmen in the hopes that he allows the kids to step forward), how can he make that work without unloading any of Lehtera/Read/Weise/Raffl?

Comment

Originally posted by Pit View Post

Why would a lottery team offersheet someone? We would be losing our upcoming 1st, 2nd and 3rd then in a year where the picks will be high in an allegedly deep draft.
      He would be better then most draftees that could flop if not in the right situation. He's a proven talent, McDavid or no McDavid.

Comment

Originally posted by lynchmob450 View Post
        Looking at the roster, i feel we are making a mistake by looking at this in a traditional First, Second, Third and Fourth line way. We don't have the untouchables anymore...the least skilled players on this roster are MUCH better than what those guys brought to the Flyers. There is no doubt that it would be great to get rid of Lehtera (i'm in favor of keeping Filpulla until the trade deadline...his versatility is really valuable),Read or Weise...but if Hexy can't, i'm looking forward to watching some guys in the bottom 3 actually put up some offence.

On a side note, IF Hexy does acquire another forward (i'm assuming he won't target any dmen in the hopes that he allows the kids to step forward), how can he make that work without unloading any of Lehtera/Read/Weise/Raffl?
        Only untouchables are Provorov and Sanheim. Everyone else (including Myers & Morin) can go in the right deal. Captain invisible should be at the top of the list, NMC or not.

Comment

Considering the money going to offensive dmen...not sure why Gost isn't an untouchable

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post
            Considering the money going to offensive dmen...not sure why Gost isn't an untouchable

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
            Seeing what Orlov, Smith, and Russell just got, Ghost's deal is a bargain
            "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Hexy is confirming that he is pretty much done in free agency.

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...hl-free-agency

Comment

Originally posted by power foward View Post

He would be better then most draftees that could flop if not in the right situation. He's a proven talent, McDavid or no McDavid.
                He's not good enough on his own to move the needle to send us from a lottery team to a non-lottery team, which would lead to losing high picks in a good draft. Our issues are on the back-end moreso than with the forwards. And yes, there were scoring issues last year, but that had a lot to do with the inability to move the puck out of our own end, keeping forwards back to assist the D and the D being inept at holding the zone. Draisatl won't fix that.

I know picks are lottery tickets, but I have a lot of faith in our scouts to make the most out of what we get.

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

Not complaining about the trades. I liked them both, just think they should try to clean it up now.
                  New Jersey Devils have 30 million dollars in cap space and are in desperate need of both forwards and a top 4 D Man...Lehtera and MacDonald for picks??

Comment

I'd try to trade Raffl. He should have some value as he has a decent contract and has shown he can perform when playing in a complimentary role. He also doesn't kill penalties which Read does.

Comment

Originally posted by shafe View Post

New Jersey Devils have 30 million dollars in cap space and are in desperate need of both forwards and a top 4 D Man...Lehtera and MacDonald for picks??
                      They'd never trade with us. They'd be helping us out and, like us to them, don't want to help out the team that is the biggest thorn and rival.

I can't see anyone taking MacD unless we throw in a sweetener, which I hope we don't do unless it's a Raffl, Read, or LATE round draft pick (4th or 5th)
                      "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Working...
                      X