No announcement yet.

The Cap

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

provorov projects as a ryan mcdonagh type. tilts the ice consistently and is a tier below elite offensively. ryan's contract is a steal at 4.75 but 5/6m for provorov will be market price if he develops as we expect. kris russell got 4m because he was a UFA. thats how it works. and yea salaries creep up every year as the cap goes up.

i know rev hates charlie @ BSH but he made a good point that our pp man ghost is signed long term to a reasonable price but will be getting most of the pp1 minutes that rack up the points. Thus our other d will not have as crazy stats and their contracts will be more reasonable. hexy is doing a superb job at managing the cap imo.

Comment

So what do we have in cap space now, $6 mill? How many players still need to be signed?
      does anyone think we are in cap hell still?
      or, are we finally at the crossroads?

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post
        So what do we have in cap space now, $6 mill? How many players still need to be signed?
        does anyone think we are in cap hell still?
        or, are we finally at the crossroads?
        I'm sure Rev can give a more in depth analysis, but from what I can tell they should have a little breathing room this year where injury call ups shouldn't be an issue the way they were for a period this past season. At the end of this year there will be some relief as Read, Filppula, and Manning come off the books, but there will be no other UFAs. Read and Filp they can probably just let walk. Manning at most if he's kept will maybe get a 500k raise. Morin and Hagg will need to be resigned as RFAs, but they shouldn't eat a ton of space. The following summer Lehtera and Raffl come off the books, but there will be some payouts to deal with that summer. (Provorov, Simmonds, Konecny RFA) Assuming no more albatross contracts with value far worse than their cap hit are added, losing Read, Filp, Lehtera, and Raffl in the next 2 years will allow them to keep the core guys and give some additional breathing room for a possible UFA or at least more trade flexibility.
        Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
        Official Facebook
        Official Twitter

Comment

I still say Hexy needs to find a new home for onw of our 8 million dollar guys

Comment

Looks like lyubimov is going back to Russia. One less signing.

Comment

Just curious, because I do not know the rules details. What happens if a contracted player decides to walk away from the contract to play in the KHL? His deal is with the NHL, can they even do that? Would the cap.hit go away? I assume they cannot do this, but that would be a heck of way to pay a KHL team to take a player off of a teams cap hit. Player would obviously have to agree. Just being devious here.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
                Just curious, because I do not know the rules details. What happens if a contracted player decides to walk away from the contract to play in the KHL? His deal is with the NHL, can they even do that? Would the cap.hit go away? I assume they cannot do this, but that would be a heck of way to pay a KHL team to take a player off of a teams cap hit. Player would obviously have to agree. Just being devious here.
                i believe, at least in Lyub's case..since the Flyers qualified him..they retain his rights..i could be wrong

Comment

They keep his rights if he wants to play in the NHL again, but it doesn;t count as a contract, so he doesn;t take a spot in the 50-52 (?) contract limit. Like Kovalchuk who is still NJ Devil property.

Comment

So could they dump Read on a KHL team, and get Cap releif?

Comment

I think this happened with Sobotka. There was an arbitration award (though I don't think he signed the contract), then he left, and the came back late in the last season of his contract and played a few games. The arbitration contract term ran, he didn't get paid, and I DON'T think it counted against the cap.
                      "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Working...
                      X