No announcement yet.

Free-Agent Signings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think his midnight skate sessions would set an example for the young guys. Juicing, everything written about him, he is a conditioning guru, so I would really doubt that.

Sure no one is jumping at a 45 yr old now, but if you put him with the right players on the PP, he will contribute. One year of setting a work.ethic for a young team could pay a lot of dividends down the road. A year of him in G's ear could help him grow further in captaincy. Hexy still has to find a way to dump the 3 bad contracts we still have, or there won't be room anyway.

Comment

I must admit theres been some bargains, I wouldn;t have minded having out there.

If we didn;t have raffl, read and macdonald we could have enjoyed ourselves:So if we didn't have those three, heres some nice bargains I would've liked.

Scott Hartnell 1 yr deal for 1mil for Nasville? He would've been nice on the third line, averaged almost 50pts the last three years, compare that to what we got out of umberger.
      Patrick Sharp 1yr for 1mil, not to bring back lots of former flyers, but hes still a nice scorer
      Martin Hanzal 3yrs for 14.250mil, he and Couts are pretty interchangeable, but that'd be nice size down the middle. Hanzal is better than Lehtera.
      Karl Alzner, 5 yrs for 23.1 mil is a pretty good deal, hes only 28 yrs old, a good top 4 dman, stay at home type and would've been a good vet to have in our top 4. I wish we had this one. Hed be a nice partner with Provo and be a steady presence while the team trqansitions to sanheim, morin, myers, etc.... And for just 4.7mil, is a good deal.

(interesting to see Sam Gagner who took an almost league minimum last yr just to stay in the NHL, and then had a very good year, cash in with a 3 yr, 3.15mil a year deal)

Comment

Theres only a few interesting UFAs I like left out there, and they don't even fit what we need, (and if we didn't have read, raffl, macdonald sucking up space and not to mention cap eaters Lehtera and Fillipula) but

Iginla, Milan Michalek, Cody Franson, Roman Polak are all nice vet additions

But the one guy I wouldn;t mind seeing us grab if we had the space, as I think hes a good third/fourth lineenergy guy, solid two-way play and good wheels is 26 yr old Alex Chiasson, he struggled to start last season but finished with 12g12a24pts in 81 games.

Comment

Originally posted by swami24 View Post
          I think his midnight skate sessions would set an example for the young guys. Juicing, everything written about him, he is a conditioning guru, so I would really doubt that.
          They said the same thing about chelios who also played well into his late 40s... but he also spent his off seasons training in LA with bill romonowski so I guess it wouldn't shock me if JJ dabbled.

Comment

I would rather give the kids a shot than recycle players

Comment

Originally posted by EDMFLYERSFAN View Post
              I'm kind of at that point too. It certainly can't get worse.

Comment

It certainly can't get worse. [/QUOTE]

Why do you think that?
                "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by EDMFLYERSFAN View Post
                  Exactly! If we don't have a great year we at least get the young kids some valuable experience and possibly another solid pick in a deep draft.

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post
                    It certainly can't get worse.
                    Why do you think that?[/QUOTE]

Because last year was a disaster and painful to watch, it certainly can't be worse in that sense. At least we'll be breaking youngsters in, and their mistakes will be easier to take. Could the record be worse? certainly, but from a viewer's standpoint it will be easier on the eyes to watch the rookies make expected errors, compared to some of the overpaid veterans making stupid mistakes night in, and night out.

Comment

NHL Discussion: Cody Franson
                      http://bleacherreport.com/philadelphia-flyers
                      Philadelphia Flyers #1
                      Winnipeg Jets a very distant #2
                      The rest of the 29 teams can KMA!

Comment

Working...
                      X