Mason, Mason, Mason (Here's a story...)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alxhj View Post

I agree to some extent Rev, but my argument would be that Elliot especially had far superior defensemen in front of him all of those years.
    I hate that argument, because it's so subjective...best defense doesn;t always translate into best goaltenders...

Jimmy Howard had some great stats...no one's calling Detroit one of the best bluelines at this point...

In the end, goalies make saves..

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post

I agree to some extent Rev, but my argument would be that Elliot especially had far superior defensemen in front of him all of those years.
      Elliot is Mason. If people think we are getting an upgrade, they're kidding themselves. He's an inconsistent tender who's had issues with workload. This is just a cap savings. That's all....

Comment

Originally posted by Hexy's Axe View Post

Elliot is Mason. If people think we are getting an upgrade, they're kidding themselves. He's an inconsistent tender who's had issues with workload. This is just a cap savings. That's all....
        Oh, I totally agree...but Elliott is priced right and Mason overpaid for years,,,,

Comment

You guys are right. At $2.5M, Mase would have been a decent fit. If he put up the good numbers with such a contract, he'd have been a bargain. Let's hope the Elliott we see is a little more consistent than he showed in Calgary.

Also, if I remember correctly, Elliott's best season was when he was challenged by Halak in STL. If Neuvirth can bring his A-game this season, the competition might bring out the best in Elliott.
          Last edited by lynchmob450; 06-29-2017, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

I don't want Niemi, I'd actually rather go off board and look at some subset that a guy like Lehrner is in...before Niemi...

Benrier and Mason both have that aloof issue...tho not knowing who Mandella was is really frightening...
            Leaner could be decent if he could stay healthy... but for a guy who has accomplished so little he's shockingly full of himself... not sure I want to get involved with that. I'm fine with Elliot as a place holder. Would like to see neuvirth stay healthy for a full year too but that's probably asking a lot. Surprised we aren't hearing anything about halak. He'd be a decent 2 I think.

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post

He HAD to have misheard a question and thought he was being asked about a player or something, right?
              You gotta see the video pink... it's priceless. He didn't mishear.... he just didn't have any idea who he was and tried to wing it. I guess the leafs pr dept is a bit to blame for not prepping the players a bit but jeez... Nelson friggin Mandela? Would you think you needed to? Lol

Comment

https://twitter.com/andystrickland

Early talk on Brian Elliott is 3 years with #Flyers $2.75 per

Comment

Originally posted by swflyers8 View Post
                  https://twitter.com/andystrickland

Early talk on Brian Elliott is 3 years with #Flyers $2.75 per
                  Brah. You gotta keep up. Rev broke the news like 5 hrs ago. Lol

Comment

Not you brah, maybe your sis.

Comment

Was it Rev who broke that news ... or Vedder?

Comment

Working...
                      X