Mason, Mason, Mason (Here's a story...)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vedder View Post

Was it Rev who broke that news ... or Vedder?
    My bad sir. Sincerest apologies...keep up the good work

Comment

I don't think anyone has defended Mason last year, even tho his stats evened out from horrendous to passable.

Elliott and Mason seem the same to me. I'd take Mason back for sure but not with neuvirth as the other goalie in the platoon. Something just wasn't rite about that duo. It wasn't working.

If Reese hadn't been fired ridiculously, Mason would probably be our clear starter.

Comment

I don't think that anyone watching this team closely thinks that Elliot is the saviour. He is not better than Mason.
        We are talking about a cost controlled bridge to the younger prospects in the system. I'm ok with that.

Comment

Sounds like Elliot and Weal are both done

Comment

The on paper stats between Mason and Elliott are not that different. The defenses in front of them may be important. Sure Mason had worse defenders but then after twenty games last season, the Flyers pulled their centers back in the D-zone to help out and the GAA numbers changed for the better. However there are other factors that mattered with Mason: his anger with the way that he was handled that came out on the post season press conference; his dust up with TPTB when Reese left the organization; his penchant for needing time off off ice situations; his glaring at other players when they made mistakes on the ice as if a goal allowed was all on them and not him; etc. No teams need to have to put up with that sort of stuff from a team member. This counts as well in an evaluation. I don't believe that we'll see the circus that was around Mason with Elliott.
            "I admire the exagerrated way that you tell the truth."- Arthur Balfour

Comment

Originally posted by starsucker View Post
              I don't think that anyone watching this team closely thinks that Elliot is the saviour. He is not better than Mason.
              We are talking about a cost controlled bridge to the younger prospects in the system. I'm ok with that.
              And to me, is a clear no confidence vote for Stolarz.

Comment

Can't argue the price, but I still think Mason is better.

Comment

sounding like Mason to the Jets

Comment

Winnipeg

Comment

Ha, ha, ha...

Mason getting 4.1 per from Winnipeg...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X