Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Flyers offer-sheet Leon Draisaitl?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The oilers got outshot and outscored when Draisaitl centered his own line instead of playing on McDavid's wing this season.

Looking at Mcdavid's line with and without Draisaitl, goals were very slightly better with both, but McDavid's line actually generated more shots when he didn't have Draisaitl as a wing.

Anyone that pays Draisaitl to carry their team is going to be disappointed.
    Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
    Official Facebook
    Official Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by PinkFloydFreak87 View Post
      [IMG2=JSON]

Anyone that pays Draisaitl to carry their team is going to be disappointed.
      He's 21 years old, so that seems like a pretty silly thing to say. There's no doubt there's risk involved, but the analysis your posted fails to take a lot of things into account.
      "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Too much of a risk IMO. He hasn't proven anything yet and we would be paying based on a very limited performance window. Even if we could afford it, I still don't think I would do it. I like Draisaitl but not at superstar money.
        Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

no for the simple reason someone will do the same to Provo and we are not in good enough cap space

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

He's 21 years old, so that seems like a pretty silly thing to say. There's no doubt there's risk involved, but the analysis your posted fails to take a lot of things into account.
            Yeah, you're right that I shouldn't make that statement so definitively since he is only 21. I'd be extremely skeptical of a team paying him 9 mil per or something like that though based on what we've seen so far.
            Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
            Official Facebook
            Official Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by M13 View Post
              no for the simple reason someone will do the same to Provo and we are not in good enough cap space
              Hopefully if Provorov has a great season this year they'll extend him in the offseason before it even goes into the final year of his entry level deal or get an extension done mid season.
              Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
              Official Facebook
              Official Twitter

Comment

Last edited by Rev_Bully; 06-29-2017, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by power foward View Post
                  I'd offer $8,000,000 over 7 years. If you are going young, then go young.
                  8 million on an offersheet means giving up 4 first round picks. That is franchise suicide.

At least go 7.8. That is a first, second and third, though Edmonton would match.

Comment

if you're going to try to isolate a player from his linemates you have to look at all the linemates, not just one. obviously having mcdavid on the ice is going to up your corsi, but

i think offer sheets dont happen mostly because young players are being paid appropriately now. do you remember g's bridge deal? he had close to a ppg and got paid like $4m. that is why the PA wanted offer sheets. Its not so you can poach top players.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit View Post

8 million on an offersheet means giving up 4 first round picks. That is franchise suicide.

At least go 7.8. That is a first, second and third, though Edmonton would match.
                      That changes with the cap. ELab posted the current structure on page 1.
                      $5,888,961 to $7,851,948 First-, second-, and third-round pick
                      $7,851,949 to $9,814,935 Two first-round picks and a second- and third-round pick
                      $9,814,936 and above Four first-round picks
                      Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                      Official Facebook
                      Official Twitter

Comment

Working...
                      X