Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should the Flyers offer-sheet Leon Draisaitl?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by salzy View Post

Define "worth".
    As in if you're giving up that many high draft picks, he better produce like Crosby or Malkin, I don't see that happening. Although it appears he can jab someone in the nuts as good as Crosby.

Comment

8 years, $68m, $8.5m a year

LMAO!
      Last edited by dsl135; 08-16-2017, 03:27 PM.

Comment

The Oilers better hope he continues to develop
        Pieces are in place for the future. We still need a top pairing defenseman and a scoring winger. Doesn't look like we are going to get anything from Free Agency or a trade due to our cap limitations. Development years ahead.

Comment

I wish it was higher since I don't really want to see Edmonton do well. Him and McDavid are 21 mil of their cap. Chicago committed 21 mil to toews and kane 2 years ago, and the cap is going to keep increasing at least a bit every year. Pittsburgh has been making it work with Crosby and Malkin eating 18.2 for several years. I don't think 21 mil puts them in particularly awful shape if Draisaitl continues to play well.
          Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
          Official Facebook
          Official Twitter

Comment

it will 2 years from now though when they have to resign Strome, and Nurse in 2018, and Puljujarvi in 2019 .

Cap isn't going to increase THAT fast. The veterans need to play at top level as well because you add in what will be a 32 year old Lucic, and Russel with a NMC, and they're going to have some pretty big albatrosses with no one to help them otherwise

The money and NMC's they're throwing around make me wonder if Holmgren is running their team. Each signing and NMC narrows their window for success more and more.
            "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

I suppose if you think they're the new Crosby and malkin, and you just keep buying add-ons, it may work. But their prospect pool is low and I'm not sure drasaitl is a "malkin".

Think about the vet wingers brought in for Crosby/Malkin before they got the supporting cast right: leclair, reechi. palffy, Malone, iginla, etc.... Harder to do now with most teams capped out before the season already BEGINS

Comment

Originally posted by smkruzik View Post
                it will 2 years from now though when they have to resign Strome, and Nurse in 2018, and Puljujarvi in 2019 .

Cap isn't going to increase THAT fast. The veterans need to play at top level as well because you add in what will be a 32 year old Lucic, and Russel with a NMC, and they're going to have some pretty big albatrosses with no one to help them otherwise

The money and NMC's they're throwing around make me wonder if Holmgren is running their team. Each signing and NMC narrows their window for success more and more.
                Hopefully. I just would have been snickering more if they were paying mcdavid and draisaitl 12.5 and 10.5
                Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                Official Facebook
                Official Twitter

Comment

6 of the last 9 cups have won by Pittsburgh or Chicago... They have each been able to make the cap work and retool on the fly.

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
                    6 of the last 9 cups have won by Pittsburgh or Chicago... They have each been able to make the cap work and retool on the fly.
                    Great point.
                    That shows that it CAN be done. Sure there are other personnel factors that helped them win cups, but as far as cap goes, 28 other teams have no excuse, I guess.
                    "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by CLJ View Post
                      Yeah, that was a more succinct way to make the point I was trying to make I guess haha. I don't think McDavid and Draisaitl eating $21 mil is that bad unless Draisaitl falls off.
                      Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                      Official Facebook
                      Official Twitter

Comment

Working...
                      X