Hartnell Buyout

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Yes. Or second line with Patrick and Simmonds..

There's value in adding a legit top 6 veteran to this roster...problem the Flyers have is a lot of bottom 6 grown ups and top 6 kids...

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk
    I wouldn't be looking at Weal and WIlliams, but Williams by himself would be a good addition. It makes the top-9 much better iMO
    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Originally posted by ELab2 View Post

I wouldn't be looking at Weal and WIlliams, but Williams by himself would be a good addition. It makes the top-9 much better iMO
      Weal is less further along than Schenn or Couturier, they're teenagers...I guess Weal would be a tween...

Honestly, I'd prefer they got a veteran forward with some spark over Weal...if the $$$ numbers are remotely similar

Looking at all the roster mockups..the Flyers are a crazy young and inesperienced forward group and D group...that has a lot of potential to go swimmingly..

Comment

Originally posted by dsl135 View Post
        I'd say the Flyers ended up ok in this regard. Hextall got a lot of flack for this move, but it really was a smart move.
        Folks that gave Hextall flack heaven't caught up with the modern NHL...

There are trades for the roster...and there are trades for the cap...sometimes a trade works out both ways...but foten times it's only good for one or the other...

...this was a necessary cap trade...

Comment

Originally posted by Rev_Bully View Post

Folks that gave Hextall flack heaven't caught up with the modern NHL...

There are trades for the roster...and there are trades for the cap...sometimes a trade works out both ways...but often times it's only good for one or the other...

...this was a necessary cap trade...
          which looking back, now seems like it worked out for both clubs. We got more immediate cap relief, and they got a year or so out of Hartnell still somewhat producing. I'd call it a win all around.

If Hartnell could be had for 1.25 or less, I wouldn't mind trying it out. On the second PP as a poor-man's Simmonds, he'd be fine. He was also on the cup-contending team in 2010, so the "veteran presence" part would most certainly be there.
          "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Maybe people will finally realize what a great salary dump trade Hartnell was. Williams would be a good pick up on a 1 yr deal if the cost was right.

Comment

but hartnell was a productive player for two years! the trade only looks good because our team sucked when he was producing for columbus people still act like hartnell was deadweight. how bad will the g or voracek contracts look when they're 34? but the signings were still good because of what they did earlier in the contract. I actually think the locker room lost something when hartsy left... and his advanced metrics weren't bad.

but no, must move forward not backward. he's not the type of veteran leader we or hexy want to teach the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
                but hartnell was a productive player for two years! the trade only looks good because our team sucked when he was producing for columbus people still act like hartnell was deadweight. how bad will the g or voracek contracts look when they're 34? but the signings were still good because of what they did earlier in the contract. I actually think the locker room lost something when hartsy left... and his advanced metrics weren't bad.

but no, must move forward not backward. he's not the type of veteran leader we or hexy want to teach the kids.
                really? the G and Voracek contracts will probably be looked as a good deal. You lock in guys early knowing that the cap is going to inflate contracts. In 5 years, when everyone wants to compare themselves to McDavid, you'll see a whole bunch of 10+ contracts being thrown out. And, yes they won't deserve it, but some desperate teams are going to gamble on them, When its all said and done, G and Snake's contract will look like nothing when it happens.
                "When over a quarter of young adults are too fat to fight, we need to take notice," Barnett said. He noted that national security in the year 2030 is "absolutely dependent" on reversing child obesity rates

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post

Hartnell was deadweight...where did this team go with guys like Hartnell?

Why do people act like the last core (and even the quasi core now with Schenn/Couturier/giroux/Voracek/Simmonds) was doing great things?

The ONLY time the Hartnell era core was worth anything...was when Pronger and Kimmo (and Coburn and Carle) essentially willed them forward.

Flyers fans vastly overrate their forwards...weally

Comment

If Hextall has a plan to move 1 or 2 or 3 of the bottom 6 overpaid forwards the team currently has and bringing in a vet forward, I'd much rather them pursue Williams or Jagr than Hartnell.
                    Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
                    Official Facebook
                    Official Twitter

Comment

I don't care what his numbers were... hartnell was shit and the most frustrating Flyer of my lifetime. And his numbers were mediocre for the money he made here. When he was brought in it was almost universally agreed he'd need to be a 30g, 60 pt guy to be worth it. I believe he only got there once. The mind bogglingly stupid plays and bonehead penalties were painfully aggravating. And the constant falling down was an embarrassment, regardless of how good natured he was about it. Falling down all the time doesn't make you charming. It means you're awful on your skates. Please please please do not bring that shitshow back to town.

Comment

Working...
                      X