• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News on goalie Brian Elliott

Andy Strickland‏Verified account @andystrickland
    Follow

More
    Early talk on Brian Elliott is 3 years with #Flyers $2.75 per

I'm down with that. Cheap enough that Lyon or Stolarz can take over if they are ready in that time period and brings us fairly close to Hart or Sandstrom being ready.
    "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

I'm good with this. Cap hit isn't horrible and the guy could have a good rebound. I like this signing over other goalie options.

Comment

Andy Strickland is now saying two years, which I like even better
        "Oh, We got five. Ohhhhh."

Comment

Seems to be a done deal. 2yr @ $2.75M/yr.

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/20...ee-agency-2017

Comment

Good move along with Weal. $4.5M cap hit for both, which is around what Mason would get on his own. Bridge to the kids, doesn't look like Stolarz is in the plans.
            Mike Barr, Founder

Comment

Safe move and better numbers than Mason. He had some good years in St Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Barr View Post
                Bridge to the kids, doesn't look like Stolarz is in the plans.
                I think Stolarz still has this year to try and prove himself. If he can seize the opportunity in the AHL, then I think we get a camp battle next year. Neither Elliott or Neuvirth's contract is so big that you couldn't bury it in the minors without great difficulty if the need arose.

Comment

Originally posted by Pit View Post

I think Stolarz still has this year to try and prove himself. If he can seize the opportunity in the AHL, then I think we get a camp battle next year. Neither Elliott or Neuvirth's contract is so big that you couldn't bury it in the minors without great difficulty if the need arose.
                  Agreed- I don't see either of these contracts being that hard to deal with, especially with where the Flyers are cap wise now. If Stolarz steals the show I am sure you could give either goalie away for futures.

Comment

Stolarz has some issues to fix...short side especially

Comment

Working...
                    X