Laughton Signed For 2 Years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laughton Signed For 2 Years

The Flyers signed RFA Scott Laughton for 2 years, $1.925M, a cap hit of $962,500. Hoping this kid can prove to be a full time NHL player. If not, this certainly isn't a cap killer contract.
    Mike Barr, Founder

Not bad. He probably will end up with the 4th line role and PK role. Which for where he was drafted is a bummer but he'll upgrade the spot from last year's.

Comment

You know I have no problem accepting Laughton, our first round pick, ending up as a kickass 4th line center. Sh*t, i think Rolling 4 great lines is a sure fire way to get to deep in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by toothless joe View Post
        Sh*t, i think Rolling 4 great lines is a sure fire way to get to deep in the playoffs.
        EXACTLY how i am looking at this roster. Let's take advantage of the 3rd and 4th line mismatches instead of being taken advantage of (the Untouchables for a couple of years was more than enough for me).

BTW, this Laughton contract pretty much confirms that the management team is really pushing for the youth to be given a chance. A one-way contract with waiver clearance requirements pretty much means Laughton will be playing with the big club this year (which i am happy with, as long as he takes the role given to him and runs with it...coaches need to give him some slack as well).

Comment

4 solid lines on a youthful team is a great idea.

Comment

If you put together Laughtons performance along with Riley Cote's evaluation, its quite clear to see a junior scorer struggling to adjust to a balanced bottom six forward role, but hes got good game. I think hes a better version of Nick Cousins, a guy who can be real good on the 4th line.

I'd rather see him than Read or Raffl.

Comment

He was a never a great scorer in Juniors though ... so not sure why he thought he would be a great scorer in the NHL. He put up good numbers as an overager at 20 but prior to that he was basically a ppg player. In Juniors there a ton of ppg players. He got drafted on his all around game, leadership and grit, not on his scoring. All three have been pretty much missing since turning pro. It has seemed strange to me that someone that played that "all around" game needed to relearn it in the AHL.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerwise View Post
                I'd rather see him than Read or Raffl.
                Like read, but won't get us where we need to be, this is now obvious.

Comment

Working...
                X