No announcement yet.

Does Partick have an attitude problem?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Partick have an attitude problem?

Thought I’d post this after seeing several people on social media complaining that Patrick wasn’t giving fans the time of day, wouldn’t sign stuff etc. I get that he does all the team sponsored stuff, but it sounds like some of his ‘one off’ meetings with fans hasn’t been great.

Then I remembered reading before the draft that some teams were concerned about his “attitude”, as he came across arrogant during the combine (reportedly even refusing to interview with Dallas).

…issues about his character are also becoming more prevalent in the scouting community from several different sources. “He’s not the greatest kid I don’t think,” said a scout of one team picking in the top ten. “I don’t know if he’s a great teammate either. That’s what I’ve heard. Maybe just a little bit about himself.”

https://recrutes.ca/meet-your-makar-king-patrick/

“Our guys aren’t keen on him,” said the scout of another team slated to pick in the top ten. “I would be really surprised if we took Nolan Patrick. Unless it’s a no brainer. If we’re at 4 or 5…then you’ve gotta do it. “If (club management) hear a peep on a player we’re not taking him…and they’ve heard some things that concern them.”

Just wondering, has anyone ever met the kid? Anyone get out to the development camp? I’m not crapping on the kid because I don’t know him from a hole in the wall, just curious if anyone has ever had any interaction with him…

He is 18. Cut him a little slack. People tend to forget how young NHL draft picks are.

Comment

Can't wait to run him out of town.

Comment

Originally posted by IceHokie View Post
        Can't wait to run him out of town.
        Big E had a massive attitude and is loved around here! As long as he produces, all is good. If he doesn't, then watch out

Comment

The main report from prospect camp was from a Devils fan it the story seemed completely made up. The other quotes I really can't comment on. Like Hexy said Lindros was a huge ******* when he was 18. It didn't matter though because on the ice he made the team better all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedder View Post
            The main report from prospect camp was from a Devils fan it the story seemed completely made up. The other quotes I really can't comment on. Like Hexy said Lindros was a huge ******* when he was 18. It didn't matter though because on the ice he made the team better all around.
            Not to mention Philly has embraced athletes like Iverson, T.O, Lindros and Barkley over the years. This kid will be a saint compared to them LOL

I'm just curious (more than anything) if any of the posters have come across him in Jr or recently?

Some guys will leave a memorable impression when you meet them (Wendel Clark) when I was a kid...others were complete ****** bags (Owen Nolan).

Comment

Aren't all 18 yr old dudes a holes?

Comment

One of Hextall's primary criteria in drafting is character. If he thought this kid was an a-hole, he wouldn't have picked him. I call BS on this.

Comment

His JR GM has gone out of his way to say nothing but positive things about him. Why would he do that is he was a jerk. IMO, he wouldnt. He'd just say standard cliche stuff.

Comment

While I cannot say for certain -- obviously since I dont know him or know anyone who knows him -- the one article that I have seen which came out before the draft might have been a simple slam piece and misinformation -- happens all the time in the NFL draft whether teams leaking stuff to hope to get players to drop or agents of other players to get their guy an advantage. I kinda look at these things like in the NFL -- a few stories about someone is probably teams or agents trying to move a player from top 5 to top 10 where they might have a shot at him. If there are stories from multiple places and multiple times then I start looking at it a bit more seriously.
                    The gist of the piece is that a former scout heard from someone that he was a prick and then cites one coach of a team Patrick played against who said Patrick didnt look as good as the previous year, looked like he was lazy when he didnt have the puck. Could have been the injury since he said he was playing injured -- and without the puck he didnt want to push it -- or could have been really bad that night -- or one coach saw what few others saw and that was Patrick being lazy.
                    The whole fans thing I only heard it was two fans 1 from the devils and one from elsewhere and both of their stories were deleted -- people got screen captures of them and they were pretty soundly shouted down. During Trial on the Isle he was out goalkeeping for street hockey where fans could wind up and take shots on him. I do know Patrick has a pretty dry sense of humor -- mine is that way too -- and not everyone gets it and it can rub people the wrong way (usually those people are *******s and idiots) but its something you're not aware of until you see they are too dense to get the joke and they never believe you are joking with them either.

That being said everyone (even me) has bad days or need a little or a lot of maturing. The kid was put under a microscope -- I know it was only a Canadian microscope -- for a number of years, you can go to HFBoards and see their Patrick thread which goes back to him being talked about before being drafted in the CHL. So if he is a spoiled little prick hes kept it under wraps for a good long while and I hope he figures out how to at least fake it.

Comment

Working...
                    X