No announcement yet.

So .... how's everyone's summer going?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been playing a lot of Infinite Warfare and Black Ops III on my PS4, it's pretty demeaning though when a six year old waxes your butt 10 seconds into team deathmatch games. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment though, because I keep plugging away at it.

Comment

Originally posted by clumsysnake View Post
      mostly girls and drugs.
      I sincerely hope this is true haha
      Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
      Official Facebook
      Official Twitter

Comment

Gotten to the beach for a couple day trips to try to relax, been playing shows with my band making a tiny bit of money with that, and dealing with not-so fun work stuff.

I'm a musician with a music ed degree doing a ton of things trying to get by...Finding a full time instrumental music teaching position in NJ or PA is extremely tough, and I'm not really cut out to take a K-4 position doing general music classes with the little ones. I've gotten more and more fed up with the bureaucracy of public schools and unsupportive administrations in my part time work in schools. I'm currently the winter drumline director and marching band director (This is all after school stuff that pays less than 10k a year to me in stipends) at a district in NJ. A mediocre guy that should have retired 10 years ago had been their full time music teacher, and he hadn't been replaced for a year when I took the job. I left my positions as a percussion instructor in other drumline / marching bands for slightly more pay and hoping I'd get in as a full time teacher, but it looks more to me like they just want to kill the program. The only music that happens during the day is a guy that is an A/V teacher who happens to be a musician at the school runs concert band a few days a week before school. The kids aren't learning much so when they come to me for drumline or band with very limited time to put a show together they have remedial skills. The admin and that A/V guy seem happy with the arrangement of not having an actual music teacher there and despite talking the talk that they want the program built back up, they don't walk the walk. I've been there for a bit less than a year, and my calls and emails to my athletic director (marching band and drumline fall under athletics) and secretaries for very simple information I need or budget info or a million other things frequently go un-answered despite multiple follow-ups, and the few parents left from the turmoil that happened before I got to the school are pretty defeated and beaten down from it all, so its been next to impossible to build a successful program without any school support. Even though the admin is exceptionally bad in my district, everywhere is getting short changed with the rise of charter schools and the fact that NJ has too many small districts. It's nothing but a race to the bottom as no schools are going to have enough money and have it allocated correctly to best benefit their students.

Anywayyyy, sorry for that word vomit. I'm working giving private drum and percussion lessons at a music studio in NJ that is owned by a good friend of mine from college. We're moving to a new building where we've been doing work and my drum room is going to be legit. My plan right now is to leave my school at the end of this marching band season and with my additional nights freed up try to fill out my private student schedule which will pay much more anyway. And between all the piano, guitar, voice, and string students at the studio, it's getting to the point where my buddy needs help administratively to run the studio, which I am totally on board with, so hopefully that works out. Teaching nothing but drums and percussion is my favorite thing to do anyway, so if I can get my student base up to 50ish students and do some administrative work for the studio during the day I'd be closer to where I'd like to be financially. We'll see how the rest of this year goes!
        Check out Kid Felix!

Official Site
        Official Facebook
        Official Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by alxhj View Post
          I've been playing a lot of Infinite Warfare and Black Ops III on my PS4, it's pretty demeaning though when a six year old waxes your butt 10 seconds into team deathmatch games. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment though, because I keep plugging away at it.
          I would rage quit Star Wars Battlefront (last year) because of those 10 yr olds with the amazing rash of aimbot hacks that are STILL ruining that game.
          I always give credit for superior play, but NOT superior play due to hacking.
          "Perry the Platypus! I swear, of all the aquatic mammals I hang with, you are TRULY the most uncooperative!" - Dr. Doofenshmirtz

Comment

Originally posted by Hattrix View Post

I would rage quit Star Wars Battlefront (last year) because of those 10 yr olds with the amazing rash of aimbot hacks that are STILL ruining that game.
            I always give credit for superior play, but NOT superior play due to hacking.
            I get angry at the players who are at "Elite" levels, then stack themselves up on one team, against a bunch of beginners like me. It would be like the Flyers playing a pick up game against Beer Leaguers.

Comment

Currently sitting in an endontist chair, waiting for nova cane to take effect so can I have root canal. Yippie!

Comment

Working...
              X